LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Should 49ers pursue Steven Jackson?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should 49ers pursue Steven Jackson?

• BobS
  • Veteran
An expensive free agent 30 year old running back is a bad idea even if you need help in your running game.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
The Niners should pursue every free agent.

This! lol This!
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I think someone should look at the available players across the league, then make a separate thread suggesting we sign every single one of them.

I think you should start locking really stupid threads like this one.
I like your 85% No results.
2 years ago I would have said, HELL YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but we have Gore, Hunter, LMJ
No way Steven Jackson settles for three to four, maybe five carries a game. Even if Hunter isn't 100 percent come opening day, with LMJ and Gore who was still going strong at the end, we have too much depth for Steven Jackson. If we are going to get a goal line back then picking from our endless amounts of draft picks and getting a fresh pair of legs is the way to go.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i may be wrong but i really do even see the need to draft a running back?? i think gore is still great, james and hunter are very good and dixon really impressed me in the second half of the year. i really think we can wait till next year to draft a "gore type" back? maybe i am wrong guys??
Originally posted by cciowa:
i may be wrong but i really do even see the need to draft a running back?? i think gore is still great, james and hunter are very good and dixon really impressed me in the second half of the year. i really think we can wait till next year to draft a "gore type" back? maybe i am wrong guys??

I like the idea of going after Lattimore, too any similarities to Gore.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
If he's cheap, he can take Jacob's spot. I don't see why not.

Two bulls = Gore and Jackson

Two hare's = hunter and james

One Gazzelle = Kaep

One cheerleader = Dixon

Lol exactly
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Too injury prone and overrated as hell

Originally posted by AmpLee:
The Niners should pursue every free agent.

This IMO.
Jackson wouldn't want to split carries among Gore, Hunter and LMJ. We have Dixon, who when he got to carry the ball last year, did well. He's finally exploding into the hole and is also a terrific ST player. BL: we already have a deep RB corps. We also have other FA's to pursue...like CB Sean Smith, SS Glover Quin and a DL who could play DT or DE.
I see him going to ATL to pair up w/ Quizz.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Jackson wouldn't want to split carries among Gore, Hunter and LMJ. We have Dixon, who when he got to carry the ball last year, did well. He's finally exploding into the hole and is also a terrific ST player. BL: we already have a deep RB corps. We also have other FA's to pursue...like CB Sean Smith, SS Glover Quin and a DL who could play DT or DE.

According to SJax, the reason he is leaving St. Louis is due to him not wanting to share carries, not money. He wants to be the the "bell cow." He wants to keep what has always had on a bad bad team.

Not share his glory with a team. So, does not fit your talented roster.
No, not needed.

He'd be a great fit in Pittsburgh and Altanta
Share 49ersWebzone