LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Schefter reports: ATL to release CB Robinson, DE Abraham, RB Turner

Shop 49ers game tickets
Robinson is average Samuele is the better CB and so is Grimes. He could be a decent pick up
[ Edited by lamontb on Mar 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM ]
Originally posted by Wrathman:
It depends how much Robinson wants to get paid. If he is willing to do one of Baalke's 1 or 2 year try out contracts, then definitely. Baalke is looking for value, we will overpay no one. That includes Goldson. Robinson would be wise to sign a fair deal with a contender and organization like the Niners.

Good point. He could see a year or 2 with our D as an opportunity to get a massive contract in the open market down the road. It coulda worked for Carlos last off-season, had he chosen to move on.
Robinson is better than anything we have right now at CB.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Robinson is average Samuele is the better CB and so is Grimes. He could be a decent pick up

Grimes is interesting, too. I think we have the depth to wait out his recovery, and he could possibly be had at a discount due to the injury.

Samuels is still a "Not no, HELL no" to me. We wont get defenders without "contact courage."
Originally posted by 49erRider:

I thought Brown did well last year, which shut me up a bit, since I HATED him at the start of 2011. Robinson is the more physical of the two, IMO. I do think that Robinson is better and younger (hopefully cheaper) than Rogers. Cully still needs to grow up a bit, but I think he could be big time. Either way, I think Robinson would definitely improve this team.
I'd take him. Why not, he's young and fast and would be a cheaper option than revis. he'd also, allow us to take a CB later in the draft. Abraham wouldnt be too bad to back up Aldon Smith, but I think we can go elsewhwere there. No room for Turner, he probably go back to SD,lol..
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I thought Brown did well last year, which shut me up a bit, since I HATED him at the start of 2011. Robinson is the more physical of the two, IMO. I do think that Robinson is better and younger (hopefully cheaper) than Rogers. Cully still needs to grow up a bit, but I think he could be big time. Either way, I think Robinson would definitely improve this team.
Not a big fan of Robinson, he takes waaay to many cheap shots and he seems to get completely turned around at times by WR's, hes about the same age as Rogers (30) Robinson will be 31 this April. Honestly we are better off looking for someone like Talib or Cromartie at least they can be coached up more and they still have their youth on their side lol

Edit: To clarify age Rogers is 31 going on 32 this July
and Robinson will be 31 in april.
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Mar 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM ]
Pass on all 3, the cb I want is revis or Rogers-cromartie
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Not a big fan of Robinson, he takes waaay to many cheap shots and he seems to get completely turned around at times by WR's, hes about the same age as Rogers (30) Robinson will be 31 this April. Honestly we are better off looking for someone like Talib or Cromartie at least they can be coached up more and they still have their youth on their side lol

Edit: To clarify age Rogers is 31 going on 32 this July
and Robinson will be 31 in april.

I actually didn't know Robinson was that old. Maybe he would play like Rogers did a year ago?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Pass on all 3, the cb I want is revis or Rogers-cromartie

I wouldn't want to rent Revis for the picks it would probably cost, and I wouldn't want the team to need to negotiate salary with a guy who is all about the money every freakin' year. DRC seems like he is made of glass. He tackles about as aggressively as Samuel.
Sign all three to a vet minimum

• FL9er
  • Veteran
They're all old, overpriced, suck, or ALL 3.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
good move by the Falcons
Originally posted by 49erRider:

LOL. You had me going there for a minute.
I don't get the opposition to "renting" Revis for a year. The way I see it is unless they're a WR, anyone we draft has slim to no chance of starting anyway so it's not that big of a deal.

I'd be willing to part with our (original) second and maybe a fourth to secure Revis. Even if we can't get him extended, it'd be we'll worth it assuming he stays healthy.

And really, this helps him out too because if we win a ring, his price will go up even higher next year. $10 mil will look like a drop in the bucket when compared to what he'd command then.

I'm sure he knows this, meaning he'll come motivated to play.
Dunta Robinson is garbage. Turner is just a big back with no burst now. Abraham is still a good player despite his age.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Mar 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone