There are 296 users in the forums

Schefter reports: ATL to release CB Robinson, DE Abraham, RB Turner

Shop 49ers game tickets
Anyone want to pick up Robinson and not have it affect our 2014 comps?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Anyone want to pick up Robinson and not have it affect our 2014 comps?

He can't play man.
Originally posted by baltien:
He can't play man.

One down year?
One down year?

He's been that way for as long as I can remember.
One down year?

He's been that way for as long as I can remember.

I thought he was good in Houston and his first year in ATL. I could be wrong...
I thought he was good in Houston and his first year in ATL. I could be wrong...

Crap. I'm thinking about Asante Samuel. LOL, time for more coffee.

Dunta Robinson is cool.
[ Edited by baltien on Mar 1, 2013 at 2:16 PM ]
Crap. I'm thinking about Asante Samuel. LOL, time for me coffee.

Dunta Robinson is cool.

Oh, thank God. I thought I was going crazy. Yeah, Asante Samuel is allergic to contact. I wonder why they kept him and dropped Robinson, though.
Robinson is fine as a player. I don't know if he'd be an upgrade over T Brown or Rogers or even Cully (when his head's in the game...), but he may be. He'd certainly increase the depth and level of competition in camp.

I've just always really disliked Robinson because he hits like a 7 year old and he's going to be the cause of a severe, severe injury to himself or somebody else. I mean, he came close with the DeSean Jackson hit a few years back. That was actually fairly severe as it was. But maybe if he comes to the Niners we can teach him some proper technique and not to drop his head and launch like an idiot. He's definitely not a corner who shies from contact though...

Dunta Robinson is cool.

Oh, thank God. I thought I was going crazy. Yeah, Asante Samuel is allergic to contact. I wonder why they kept him and dropped Robinson, though.

Asante Samuel is a great CB.
Robinson is a decent CB ...dont know if he is an upgrade over Rogers though?? ....if we are going to spend some money on a CB , we need to find players with upsides left , not players who have reached their ceilings already

I want Revis , but not as a one year rental , lot of talented CB's in the draft , I'm sure we'll find a couple of them ...IMO , Rogers & Brock need to be replaced

It depends how much Robinson wants to get paid. If he is willing to do one of Baalke's 1 or 2 year try out contracts, then definitely. Baalke is looking for value, we will overpay no one. That includes Goldson. Robinson would be wise to sign a fair deal with a contender and organization like the Niners.
meh
I don't think he's much of an upgrade over what we have now
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Dunta Robinson is cool.

Asante Samuel is a great CB.

I disagree. I think he gets a lot of INTs because he gambles and leaves his teammates hanging frequently. He has good ball skills, but he avoids tackles and appears to intentionally remain blocked. Robinson, on the other hand, seems to carry the physicality that we seem to look for in our players.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Robinson is a decent CB ...dont know if he is an upgrade over Rogers though?? ....if we are going to spend some money on a CB , we need to find players with upsides left , not players who have reached their ceilings already

I want Revis , but not as a one year rental , lot of talented CB's in the draft , I'm sure we'll find a couple of them ...IMO , Rogers & Brock need to be replaced

If he gives us a comparable contribution, we can dump Rogers and his big contract, picking up a younger guy, who might come cheaper because he just got dumped.

Their pass rush was garbage last year. He might reach a higher ceiling with a better front 7, and we have the best.
Share 49ersWebzone