There are 242 users in the forums

D. Revis or P. Harvin?

Shop 49ers game tickets

D. Revis or P. Harvin?

• MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by MarkD:
This team was built through the draft. While adding supporting pieces through FA.

Really? Because the anchor of the defense and the most important player (as well as the best player) on this team was acquired via free agency. When he is hurt or not on the field altogether, our defense falls from great to just "good" and at times it can't even be considered that. He is more than just a "supporting piece." Sometimes you have to go out and get a guy that you know will improve your team. Period.

Revis is a difference maker. You don't use excuses like "we build through the draft" to argue against going after the best player in the league at a position your team needs. If you can get him, you try to get him.
BTW 16 mill a year for a corner back coming off and ACL injury is to much. Hell 16 million is to much for any corner back
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Harvin is a faster thinner version of D.Walker. He drops a lot of balls.
Sign both

O my he looks good in red and gold!
[ Edited by shinndiesel on Feb 28, 2013 at 6:29 PM ]
Originally posted by MarkD:
Harvin is a faster thinner version of D.Walker. He drops a lot of balls.

This post has to be some sort of joke.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Neither.

+1
No doubt Revis is shut down, but the injury is a factor. After watching every game last year it's not a stretch to say that Harvin was the most dynamic player the 49ers faced all year. There are enough draft picks to make a play for a top corner in the draft and free agency will also offer options. Imagine Harvin running wild through opposing secondaries.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
No doubt Revis is shut down, but the injury is a factor. After watching every game last year it's not a stretch to say that Harvin was the most dynamic player the 49ers faced all year. There are enough draft picks to make a play for a top corner in the draft and free agency will also offer options. Imagine Harvin running wild through opposing secondaries.

Thats a great thought but without getting a shut down corner you might as well imagine more Boldins, Whites and Jones running wild through our secondary.
Revis. If we're going to back up the money truck, it may as well be for a guy that is a proven talent. I understand he's coming off injury and he's a holdout threat but if we can get him to agree to a contract that protects us in case he gets hurt I think it's well worth it.

Harvis I'm still skeptical of. Yea, he's really fast and all that good stuff, but only has completed a full season once his entire career. Also, he's never gone over 1,000 yards receiving.

Yet he wants to be paid like Megatron?

Laughable.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Thats a great thought but without getting a shut down corner you might as well imagine more Boldins, Whites and Jones running wild through our secondary.

Finally, someone that gets it. We could TRY to land a top-flight cb via the draft or we could actually get one by parting with some picks.

No brainer to me.

Share 49ersWebzone