There are 196 users in the forums

OFFICIAL NFL SALARY CAP SET AT $123.9M According to Mortensen

Shop 49ers game tickets
Leaves us under by $342k before Alex Smith trade.
how about with the Alex trade
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
how about with the Alex trade

An Extra $9.75 million gained for us.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
man we gonna be up against it after next year when Kap gonna paid.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I thought they were in very good cap shape, now this? Who are we looking to restructure?
We have most of our stars signed beyond the next NFL season and are under the cap. Counting the Alex Smith trade we have approx. 10 million in cap space.

That is good shape

Expect some vets to be purged as well (Haralson, Goodwin etc.)
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
I thought they were in very good cap shape, now this? Who are we looking to restructure?

The 49ers are in good shape. They can shed a ton of salary if they need to and have made sure to negotiate contracts that are team friendly.
Money may have to be spent smartly as we have key signings upon us in years to come. Don't forget the big ones with Davis and Iputai on the same off-season.
What does the cap increase look like in the next few seasons?
Originally posted by DVDA:
Originally posted by Paul:

The 49ers are in good shape. They can shed a ton of salary if they need to and have made sure to negotiate contracts that are team friendly.

We are in good shape. were under the cap. We can cut Harlson, Akers and save more because both are over paid for doing nothing, even with redo deals for justin smith lowering this years cap and locking him up longer. We can also cut the center because he's over paid not a hugh need but we can. After we cut harlson and akers we should be in great shape, and we can draft a kicker that's better and can actually make something 20 yards away rather than only making 60+ yard kicks. We have plenty of room to work, we can even extend whitner and reduce his cap this season also extend gore another year and reduce this season cap it just all depends on what we want to do and how much longer we think some players can go.

AB says we're about $340K under the $123.9 million cap. After trading Smith and releasing Akers we'll be about $14 million under and ready to do pretty much whatever Baalke wants to do.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
AB says we're about $340K under the $123.9 million cap. After trading Smith and releasing Akers we'll be about $14 million under and ready to do pretty much whatever Baalke wants to do.

resign goldson, freeagent qb pick up, free agent cb, trade up in the draft and ask carlos for a loan because he overpaid those stripers with a premature superbowl victory party that he actually spent crying in the breast of these women because our secondary couldn't cover a grandma in a hover round....
I wouldn't freak out about the cap. By the time Davis & Iupati come up, J Smith will likely be retiring and I imagine Gore would be close to retiring (both will be sad days). That empties out a lot of room. I imagine we cut Rogers after 2013, saving more cap room. In great shape fellas
Share 49ersWebzone