Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
he was the GM + HC from 1999 - 2002
http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2008156599_nflbuildingchart04.html

seattle's record:

1999: 9-7
2000: 6-10
2001: 9-7
2002: 7-9

after he was relieved of his GM duties to focus on being on HC only, then seattle became a more serious contender, their superbowl was 2005

Geez, doesnt seem like that long ago that he stopped being the GM there.
Still though, the majoirity of their top players on that Super Bowl team were drafted, signed, or traded for by Holmgren while he was the GM. He's a very good talent evaluator.
@AdamSchefter: As @ClaytonESPN reported, Raiders are talking to former Browns exec Mike Holmgren about a prominent leadership role in organization.
GM Reggie McKenzie and Holmgren worked together back in the Green Bay days.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000145608/article/oakland-raiders-talking-to-mike-holmgren-about-possible-position
They should hire fatass to be the coach.
Originally posted by Paul:
Originally posted by susweel:
yah Im sure he will do a great just like he did in Cleveland.

asides from Shurmur I think atm the Browns are a lot more talented right now than they have been since they returned to the NFL (2 yrs with a bad team is not that long at all). Interesting to say the least, I could see Holmgren becoming the Raiders coach at some point.

I agree. They just need the right guy to lead them. Reminds me of us a couple years ago.
Originally posted by niners94:

asides from Shurmur I think atm the Browns are a lot more talented right now than they have been since they returned to the NFL (2 yrs with a bad team is not that long at all). Interesting to say the least, I could see Holmgren becoming the Raiders coach at some point.

I agree. They just need the right guy to lead them. Reminds me of us a couple years ago.

I disagree. The browns are crap. On top of everything else, they drafted a QB last year that is older than Alex Smith. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I disagree. The browns are crap. On top of everything else, they drafted a QB last year that is older than Alex Smith. lol

I agree about their QB, but if you look at their roster, they have a lot of good talent.
Cleveland Browns part 2.

I agree about their QB, but if you look at their roster, they have a lot of good talent.

Every team has a lot of talent. It's the NFL. But like the majority of the league, they have a crappy team. Holmgren had plenty of time to build the browns into a legitimate squad, but they're still horrible.

Every team has a lot of talent. It's the NFL. But like the majority of the league, they have a crappy team. Holmgren had plenty of time to build the browns into a legitimate squad, but they're still horrible.
The only person of any value they had was cribbs when he took over. I would say he did a good job getting some talent, still though have to get a qb in this league will see if the old man gets it done next season.
raiders are beyond help, they will be in the s**thole for another 5 years me thinks.

"Talent"< Winning games
  • Paul
  • Veteran
reports are saying the Raiders are interested in Gino Smith!
His rep is now tarnished and maybe he wants to prove something. He won't prove too much w/Raiders - not for 2-5 years at nay rate.