There are 240 users in the forums

freeney out in Indy

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
lol.

He would cut some dead weight like Ginn, Moss and Spillman and start signing studs at this point. I think Eddie D would agree.

Lol Spillman isn't dead weight
Maybe Seymour?
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Theyre gonna blow it all on Woodson
one can only hope.

but freeney is one who is intrigueing(?) to me. he doesn't really fit in a 3-4, but him opposite aldon in the nickel package.

Brooks

yes, but they need a rotation and i think freeney playing more of a aldon smith role last year will be extremely helpful to this defense.

it is moot as i think he will get more money than he would be worth to the niners.

I agree plus he would be soooo fresh come playoff time if he plays just a Aldon Smith pass rush role.....I mean it tips our hand but......its FREENEY.....spin move and he sacks the QB, 4th down defense gets off the field......hes been doing that his whole career.....just saying Brooks to me looks VERY SCARY next yaer rushing the QB......
Baalke won't spend the money. Our core players are eating up the cap. We'll only sign back up type players in FA...vets to fill the roster, but not a guy that wants top tier pass rusher money....Indy let him go for a reasons boys....and girls.
Originally posted by susweel:
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL BREAKING: @NFLColts and Dwight Freeney to part ways after 11 seasons in Indianapolis. (via @BKravitz)

sign him

+ 1
A rotation of Aldon/Brooks/Freeney in nickel packages

All 3 are great passrushers and they'd be energized all game if we rotated them
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Feb 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM ]
lol.

He would cut some dead weight like Ginn, Moss and Spillman and start signing studs at this point. I think Eddie D would agree.

Spillman is dead weight? Do you even watch football?
we need to focus on spending $$$ on Goldson and then a vet DT. (Knighton, Starks, Bryant)
Originally posted by TheRambler:
lol.

Spillman is dead weight? Do you even watch football?

our best special teams player, and very solid player in our goal line defense set who is getting paid 2 mill a year is dead weight?
lol
If you could convince Dwight to sign as a situational third down pass rusher and agree to a contract that reflects that LOOK OUT! Imagine Freeney rotating in fresh on passing situations especially late in the fourth quarter? Freeney, McDonald, J. Smith, A. Smith Yes please!! I'm sure he wants to start and play every down though and I'm not sure I'd want to pay him that and certainly wouldn't do it in the 49ers system when we're all set at LB.
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Feb 18, 2013 at 8:08 AM ]

Share 49ersWebzone