There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vince Young took out a $300,000 loan to pay for his birthday party

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Well if he needs that loan paid off, the Niners...

The Niners what?

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Well if he needs that loan paid off, the Niners...

The Niners what?


need more workers for the stadium? no..... it would probably get picked off.................
Originally posted by vrabbit:
seriously, how many hookers and blow had to be at this party for it to reach $300K?

Forget about all the money he actually made from playing in the NFL, and take the $26 million he got in 2006. Now nearly 7 years later, that means that ON AVERAGE he spent $3,714,285.71 a year over the last 7 years, never mind that he reportedly was in a financial bind after just 5 years.

How much do you all make? Let's say you make $50K: that $3,714.285.71 average yearly money Vince was making? that would represent about SEVENTY FOUR YEARS OF YOUR ANNUAL INCOME.

Insane. There is NO excuse for these reportedly 78% of NFL players going broke. NONE.

I have seen bottle service and VIP run hundreds of dollars per head per hour in Vegas so I could see how someone could rack up six figures on a party but it is a dumb thing to do.
Wasn't Young allegedly ripped off by relatives as well?
Not that he didn't make a lot of money but he likely got to keep less than half of his salary.
It is sad that these guys blow there dough. These guys make a lot of bad business decisions as well.

It isn't just football players either. Curt Schilling earned $115 million just in baseball salary and was broke within five years of retirement.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Feb 12, 2013 at 6:52 PM ]

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Well if he needs that loan paid off, the Niners...

The Niners what?


Even if Gore
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
seriously, how many hookers and blow had to be at this party for it to reach $300K?

Forget about all the money he actually made from playing in the NFL, and take the $26 million he got in 2006. Now nearly 7 years later, that means that ON AVERAGE he spent $3,714,285.71 a year over the last 7 years, never mind that he reportedly was in a financial bind after just 5 years.

How much do you all make? Let's say you make $50K: that $3,714.285.71 average yearly money Vince was making? that would represent about SEVENTY FOUR YEARS OF YOUR ANNUAL INCOME.

Insane. There is NO excuse for these reportedly 78% of NFL players going broke. NONE.

I have seen bottle service and VIP run hundreds of dollars per head per hour in Vegas so I could see how someone could rack up six figures on a party but it is a dumb thing to do.
Wasn't Young allegedly ripped off by relatives as well?
Not that he didn't make a lot of money but he likely got to keep less than half of his salary.
It is sad that these guys blow there dough. These guys make a lot of bad business decisions as well.

It isn't just football players either. Curt Schilling earned $115 million just in baseball salary and was broke within five years of retirement.

true, but in different ways. He made bad investments. but so are parties
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
these 78% are all really making great use of their college educations.

LOL at "college educations." The education your average college athlete receives has little similarity to what your average run-of-the-mill college undergrad gets.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
these 78% are all really making great use of their college educations.

LOL at "college educations." The education your average college athlete receives has little similarity to what your average run-of-the-mill college undergrad gets.

Yeah, most athletes major in General Studies...lol
guys like this are more the norm among black players than not. first, when a player receives a "26 million dollar contract", he does not get $26 mil. half of that goes to uncle sam in taxes. 5-10% goes to his agent. he has already received financial support from his agent even before he has gotten a single penny (illegal) and must pay that back. mother dear needs a house and a car along with momma, auntie mae, uncle eddy, cousin june bug, etc. then come the baby mommas and the soon to be baby mommas. parties just about every night and then come the strip clubs in which you absolutley positively must make it rain. and he has got to keep it real, meaning cashing off "friends" from the hood who bow down to him because he has "made it". now, with all of the talent and potential that these young men have shown most of their athletic lives and the people around them knowing the potential for financial gain and no one teaching them the simple basics of how to handle money through saving and investing is atrocius. and, when a young man becomes a millionaire, the hood is no longer on his financial level. he must change his living and social status as he is no longer living even close to the poverty level. and those who fail to enlighten these youngsters are responsible.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
seriously, how many hookers and blow had to be at this party for it to reach $300K?

Forget about all the money he actually made from playing in the NFL, and take the $26 million he got in 2006. Now nearly 7 years later, that means that ON AVERAGE he spent $3,714,285.71 a year over the last 7 years, never mind that he reportedly was in a financial bind after just 5 years.

How much do you all make? Let's say you make $50K: that $3,714.285.71 average yearly money Vince was making? that would represent about SEVENTY FOUR YEARS OF YOUR ANNUAL INCOME.

Insane. There is NO excuse for these reportedly 78% of NFL players going broke. NONE.

I have seen bottle service and VIP run hundreds of dollars per head per hour in Vegas so I could see how someone could rack up six figures on a party but it is a dumb thing to do.
Wasn't Young allegedly ripped off by relatives as well?
Not that he didn't make a lot of money but he likely got to keep less than half of his salary.
It is sad that these guys blow there dough. These guys make a lot of bad business decisions as well.

It isn't just football players either. Curt Schilling earned $115 million just in baseball salary and was broke within five years of retirement.

true, but in different ways. He made bad investments. but so are parties

Are Lamborghinis (including one bought from Jose Canseco when he was going broke) considered investments? Curt Schilling spent money on dumb stuff as well as making bad investments and his investment in the video game company was no smarter than athletes who open clubs and restaurants. Schilling had no business in that business.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Well if he needs that loan paid off, the Niners...

The Niners what?


The Niners should *cough* sign *cough* him
Why is it always the black offensive skill players that end up like this? I hate to say that, cause it's not a race thing. It's a pride thing. Scoring lots of touchdowns makes you proud. Getting drafted high makes you proud. Kids that think they are untouchable don't take school seriously. They don't take teamwork seriously. For most of their lives (ever since they stepped on a football field) it's been all about them. They can't imagine themselves as failures because they have always been successful. So when they get those big contracts, they don't think about the future. They don't think about perfecting their craft and working hard everyday. They just spend, spend, and spend.... to gratify their pride. It gets worse when they stop playing football.... because then they aren't scoring touchdowns. All they have is money to spend. And since they have so much pride it takes a lot of money to satisfy them. It's like an addiction.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Well if he needs that loan paid off, the Niners...

The Niners what?


need more workers for the stadium? no..... it would probably get picked off.................

You mean the foil wrapped hotdogs would get picked off?
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Well if he needs that loan paid off, the Niners...

The Niners what?


Even if Gore

Even if Gire
Originally posted by NinerTy:
guys like this are more the norm among black players than not. first, when a player receives a "26 million dollar contract", he does not get $26 mil. half of that goes to uncle sam in taxes. 5-10% goes to his agent. he has already received financial support from his agent even before he has gotten a single penny (illegal) and must pay that back. mother dear needs a house and a car along with momma, auntie mae, uncle eddy, cousin june bug, etc. then come the baby mommas and the soon to be baby mommas. parties just about every night and then come the strip clubs in which you absolutley positively must make it rain. and he has got to keep it real, meaning cashing off "friends" from the hood who bow down to him because he has "made it". now, with all of the talent and potential that these young men have shown most of their athletic lives and the people around them knowing the potential for financial gain and no one teaching them the simple basics of how to handle money through saving and investing is atrocius. and, when a young man becomes a millionaire, the hood is no longer on his financial level. he must change his living and social status as he is no longer living even close to the poverty level. and those who fail to enlighten these youngsters are responsible.



Don't forget all the financial "advisers" who are ripping off their clients because these athletes are too ignorant about financial matters to notice until it's too late.