There are 195 users in the forums

RGIII Wins rookie of the year

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
RGIII Russel Wilson, Luck, what a great year for qb's!!!

Tannehill is pretty good too. Great class.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
Wilson was the lowest drafted player to have such a huge impact... plus he even outplayed Griffin in the playoffs.. But Oh wells.

Playoffs performance does not factor in this - but look at the team around Wilson and look at the team around Griffin. For Griffin to that team to playoffs was nothing short of amazing. Wilson had a poor first half and the defense carried that team.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

This has so much "win" written all over it.
Congrats to RGIII ~ hopefully he heals fast and well so the we can continue to watch all these young QBs (including Kaepernick) for years to come!

Apparently, the fans liked RW3 :)
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Russell-Wilson-named-NFLcom-Rookie-of-the-Year/ec4445ad-221e-4189-884f-e4fc431437a4
Well apprarently the excuses for why Russell Wilson didn't win are already flying on all the Hawk sites.
I honestly would have liked to see 3 players as rookie of the year. All three deserved it.
I thought that Alfred Morris was more deserving but anyway congrats RG3. Can't wait to go to the Kaep vs RG3. game next season
Should've been Luck. RGIII and Wilson had really good running games. Also, RGIII is not very smart taking on those big hits and getting injured.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Should've been Luck. RGIII and Wilson had really good running games. Also, RGIII is not very smart taking on those big hits and getting injured.

How often does a rookie running back (drafted in the late rounds, remind you) get over 1600 yards and 13 touchdowns? In the likes of Adrian Peterson, Ladainian Tomlinson, Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders never even broke fifteen hundred yards their rookie seasons and the only one to rush for more TD's was Barry Sanders with 14. If you want to look at how good rookie QB's have been of lately well check this article out http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ten-best-rookie-quarterback-seasons-nfl-history-220329360.html
[ Edited by insanemike27 on Feb 3, 2013 at 2:43 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by insanemike27:
I thought that Alfred Morris was more deserving but anyway congrats RG3. Can't wait to go to the Kaep vs RG3. game next season

RGIII makes it easy for a bruising RB like Morris to rack up yards. DEs can't attack the RB like they'd normally would and have to play containment. Look at RGIII's WRs - he made them look pretty damn good. RGIII had a great year and was most deserving of taking a team with average talent to playoffs in a year where a 10 win Chicago team didn't make it.

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

RGIII makes it easy for a bruising RB like Morris to rack up yards. DEs can't attack the RB like they'd normally would and have to play containment. Look at RGIII's WRs - he made them look pretty damn good. RGIII had a great year and was most deserving of taking a team with average talent to playoffs in a year where a 10 win Chicago team didn't make it.

So what you're saying is Marshawn Lynch wouldn't be as good if it werent for the threat of Russell Wilson running?

So what you're saying is Marshawn Lynch wouldn't be as good if it werent for the threat of Russell Wilson running?

And as for RG3's WR's, I thought Pierre Garcon was pretty good in 2011 with a nobody QB for the Cults. Joshua Morgan was turning it on in 2011 until he got hurt and went on IR. So who made who look good?
Originally posted by Paul:
Wilson was the lowest drafted player to have such a huge impact... plus he even outplayed Griffin in the playoffs.. But Oh wells.

Playoffs performance does not factor in this - but look at the team around Wilson and look at the team around Griffin. For Griffin to that team to playoffs was nothing short of amazing. Wilson had a poor first half and the defense carried that team.

I thought I heard somewhere that they vote before the playoffs start.
I DON'T SEE HOW LUCK DID NOT GET IT. HIS TEAM WAS HORRIBLE LAST YEAR. WASHINGTON HAS A MILLION DOLLAR DEFENSE.
I ALSO DON'T SEE RG3 HAVING A LONG FOOTBALL CAREER. DUDE IS SLOWER THAN MIKE VICK AND NOW WITH HIS KNEE SURGERY WILL BE EVEN SLOWER SOMEWHAT. HE'S NOT REALLY ASTOUNDING WHEN HE CANNOT RUN. HE LOOKED HORRIBLE VS THE SEAHAWKS. THAT IS ALL
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i swear I saw a commercial last night on NFLN saying RW won Rookie of the Year. WTF?? Or were they running one of those for every rookie in the running?
Share 49ersWebzone