LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Jets willing to trade revis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Revis Island? lol nope

Reviscatraz

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not that into this move if true... We don't need expensive FAs. Build through the draft.
not worth a first or second since he is coming of an acl injury

and especially no since we saw what happened when justin smith went down with an injury.

The way our defense is built, dline concerns > secondary
Hey AB, is this correct? If so I say go get him:

9/6/2010: Signed a four-year, $46 million contract. The deal contains $32.5 million guaranteed, including all of Revis' first two base salaries and an $18 million first-year option bonus. The contract stipulates that Revis cannot be franchise tagged when his deal voids following the 2013 season. 2013: $3 million (+ $1 million workout bonus + $1 million roster bonus due 3/16 + $1 million reporting bonus), 2014-2016: (Voidable Years) $3 million, 2017: Free Agent

I thought he was expected to recieve 16 million?
I thought more people would be on board with this.

We have Alex signed and is a proven starter and a winner. We are not going to keep him and his salary next year and imo, the Jets look like the best fit for him. What about trading Alex and a 3rd round pick for him? I think that is a deal that the Jets would be highly interested in. The 3rd round pick might need to be changed to a 2nd, but either way.... a health Revis would give our defense so much more freedom than it already has. Blitzing would be easier and Dashon would have more free roam. Remember what happened to Merton Hanks after we got Deion?

We have at least 13 picks next year that I know of, might have 14, but I'm not 100 percent sure. Those are a lot of picks to play with.
I wouldn't do it, use the draft and get some good young players to add to a very talented roster. Lets not do the LA Laker thing.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Yea but think about it this way.

Aj Jenkins or darelle revis???

Think about it this way, Revis or Richard Sherman for about 1/50th of the salary?

You never know what you're going to get with a draft pick.

You know what you'll get with Revis, an aging, chronic malcontent that seems to love causing drama and whose performance will decline in the years to come, all at a salary of $14-16 mil per, basically meaning you say adios to guys like Aldon so you can hold on to a cornerback on the wrong side of 30.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Think about it this way, Revis or Richard Sherman for about 1/50th of the salary?

You never know what you're going to get with a draft pick.

You know what you'll get with Revis, an aging, chronic malcontent that seems to love causing drama and whose performance will decline in the years to come, all at a salary of $14-16 mil per, basically meaning you say adios to guys like Aldon so you can hold on to a cornerback on the wrong side of 30.

Why not for a year or two if we can afford it? The cap is also going to skyrocket in 2 or 3 years I believe. By trading Alex, most of that cap space will open up, but I'd be afraid that we would lose Dashon.
The only thing I can think of, is we trade Alex Smith and a draft pick and possibly Haralson? Also, if we do take on his monster contract I think that means we would let Goldson go into free agency and we would use a draft pick on a safety. I just don't see how we can afford to keep all of these players.

Would be pretty crazy if Vernon somehow got moved for Revis though (just thinking contract reasons)
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I would rather use a 3rd rounder on Tyrann Mathieu then give a big contract to Revis with his injury concerns.

Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
I wouldn't do it, use the draft and get some good young players to add to a very talented roster. Lets not do the LA Laker thing.

Why not? It's won them multiple championships in the past (minus this year)

Not saying I'm 100% on board...as I wouldn't want us to pay 16 mil+ per year for a cb..but when healthy, It's Revis... then everyone else
While I an not against the Niners acquiring Revis, I think it would be a serious injustice to send Alex to the most dysfunctional team in the league. He deserves much better than that.
Am down with this esp if we can use Alex in this trade. I just don't like the timing. If I'm a 49er CB I'm kinda annoyed to hear this.
Possibility that we have a decent amount of space now that I think about it. Release Goodwin, Haralson, Akers, let Ginn walk and I have a feeling Moss won't be back if we win the super bowl. Also, if we trade Alex Smith that would take another 8 million off our hands.

Don't jump on me for releasing Goodwin, I know hes played great but we have Kilgore and Looney and plenty of draft picks that are most cost effective.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:

The problem with having too many young players is that you have to invest time into them and you won't know what you've got until enough time has passed and the other problem is there are only 53 spots on the team and we already have a lot of talent on this team. Essentially, we will have wasted picks without knowing their true potential. So, getting Revis, a known commodity, makes more sense then stockpiling draft picks, which is more appropriate for a team with holes.
Share 49ersWebzone