LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Jets willing to trade revis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Plenty of great players had acl injuries. Jets are considering it because of their horrible cap issues and the fact they don't think they can resign him as well as have to deal with his agent again

LOL...and the 49ers have 16 mil a year to hand over to him right?

Not to mention that the guy has a history of holdouts and its no guarantee he plays until he gets a major pay bump. Just more ridiculous speculation that never gets anywhere, file this away in "Not a snowball's chance in hell."

But if the 49ers get him, it would eliminate the only weakness they have on defense. Back-to-back Super Bowl!
[ Edited by father49er on Jan 23, 2013 at 11:14 PM ]
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Plenty of great players had acl injuries. Jets are considering it because of their horrible cap issues and the fact they don't think they can resign him as well as have to deal with his agent again

LOL...and the 49ers have 16 mil a year to hand over to him right?

Not to mention that the guy has a history of holdouts and its no guarantee he plays until he gets a major pay bump. Just more ridiculous speculation that never gets anywhere, file this away in "Not a snowball's chance in hell."

But if the 49ers get him, it would eliminate the only weakness they have on defense. Back-to-back Super Bowl!

The weakness of the secondary is blown out of proportion, and can be addressed in the draft.

The reason they have been exploited a bit lately is because the pass rush has been lacking, and we have played really good QB's down the stretch. In the last 5 games we played Ryan, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, all high quality playoff QB's.
it isn't like the niners to spend a lot for another player not on the roster already
Overpaying for a corner makes ZERO sense. It's like paying big bucks for a running back
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by titan:
Alex Smith and Parys Haralson for Revis

Hell no. Haralson is so underrated around here it is not even funny. He was a huge reason for our run defense being as dominate as it was last season. He is the only real depth we have at the position and he as sorely missed this season, as aldon seemed to wear don toards the end of the season. A healthy Haralson makes a huge impact for this defense.

Dont want Rexis anyways. I would take what we can get as far as draft picks for AS.

Haralson is a backup Revis is a starter and probably the best in that position when healthy .
  • cgida
  • Veteran
Trade Alex for him. Win Win for both clubs
NFL Talk
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Don't need him. We made it to the superbowl with the defense we have.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I'd be really interested but at what cost? Seems to me he would end up on a crappier team than a better one. This just shows that Ryan is gone after 2013
[ Edited by Paul on Jan 24, 2013 at 5:35 AM ]
They are shopping him because their cap situation is so bad they may be playing road cones at many positions next year. They have around 10 starters signed and are over the cap by a healthy margin. That being said he is very highly paid and comming of a pretty bad injury. I think he will still be the best in the league when he is on the field, but over the last few years its been tough to say how many games you will get out of him. He is turning into Bob Sanders...lights out game changing player when he is there....but how often will you have him?

I say pass...we dont have a ton of money to spend, and corner isnt where I would spend it. I know Alex for Revis is drool worthy, but we need the money for depth players and Goldson....

detroit will jump on this
Alex Smith Carlos Rogers and our 1st round draft pick for Darelle Revis and Tim Tebow. We then trade TIm Tebow and a 2nd round pick for Sebastian Jainkowski

END THREAD
rather draft a corner in the first, revis is overated, he's good but not worth the money he getting.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Alex Smith Carlos Rogers and our 1st round draft pick for Darelle Revis and Tim Tebow. We then trade TIm Tebow and a 2nd round pick for Sebastian Jainkowski

END THREAD

Then we trade the Easter Bunny for Santa Clause and build the new stadium in Candy Land with the Lollypop Guild as contractors...lol
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
We don't have the cap room to accommodate his salary. Plus, he is coming off major surgery. I wouldn't do it because there's a reason why the jets are getting rid of their best player.

I think it is a cap move to clear money to get a QB.
Share 49ersWebzone