LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Jets willing to trade revis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
He's going to command a high salary that could deter us from signing some of our other assets that are coming up. I'm not sure it's worth it since we're in the Super Bowl without him. That being said, if they want to take on the salaries of Alex and Rogers, then I'd consider the deal. Bottom line, we need to save our money for Kaep, Aldon, Dashon, Crabtree, and Oline.

He's due 6 million this year. the fact that he only has one year left and he's comming of and ACL makes me think he may come relatively cheap.

You let him play out that year and see what happens (just like Rogers).

If you don't have to drop a #1, then it might be worth it.

If they really do want a #1 tho.....pass.

The worry isn't so much what he costs this year, it's what he's going to demand after this year. If he's just a one year rental, forget about it, it's not worth it when we can improve any weekness to a superbowl team through the draft. Like I said, I'm not opposed to it, but we need to save money for our upcoming guys.

Thats what I'm sayin' if they want a #1 for a 1 year rental...too much. They know that too because that's why they are trading him to begin with.

If they say want something less....it's worth looking at.
Originally posted by boast:
no!

LOL.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by GameOver:
I'd ship Alex Smith, a 3rd, and a 4th for him and would deem it as "worth" the risk (coming off injury). I would not give up James or Hunter. I think those two are going to make up our future backfield so no no.

If this would do it then absolutely

I think it would although it depends on highly they value Alex Smith...its tricky but I really think that might do it.

They said they want at least a 1st rounder.

What they want and what they will get are two drastically different things. I don't think Seattle, Denver, or Green Bay will offer a 1st rounder for him, hell, I don't think GB will offer a 1st or 2nd for him and Seattle I don't think would offer a 1st or 2nd (Schenider's been on a roll with those lately and they've got Sherman and Browning who are going to demand top dollar sooner rather than later) so really it's just us and Denver. I don't think Denver can offer better than Alex Smith and a 3rd.
That Island just gonna co$t To much,IMHO
Alex Smith
Conditional 3nd round pick
Becomes a 2nd rounder if he starts however many games or interceptions or somethin
I'll be on board because if he goes to Seahawks that would be a problem and that would definitely help the front 7 out, even though their already stout...that's almost like Deion in 94". Just his presence only will boost defensive rating
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Hope he comes here
Would rather resign Goldson
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Perhaps this trade is part of an "Alex Smith" package?
Bring him in for another Deion situation. 1 year, make another run at the SB then let another team pay him 15mil a year.

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Hey AB, is this correct? If so I say go get him:

9/6/2010: Signed a four-year, $46 million contract. The deal contains $32.5 million guaranteed, including all of Revis' first two base salaries and an $18 million first-year option bonus. The contract stipulates that Revis cannot be franchise tagged when his deal voids following the 2013 season. 2013: $3 million (+ $1 million workout bonus + $1 million roster bonus due 3/16 + $1 million reporting bonus), 2014-2016: (Voidable Years) $3 million, 2017: Free Agent

I thought he was expected to recieve 16 million?

and they are paying sanchez a s**t load if they cut him. haha good lord.
The Jets are way over the salary cap. The Jets are looking to unload salary and gain draft picks in return. The Jets know they won't make the playoffs next season and don't want to pay Revis big money after next season. The problem the 49ers have is they have alot of players that will need extending after next season. If they trade for Revis they can't franchise him after next season(clause in Revis's contract) and he and his agent will start a bidding war for his services. So trading draft picks for 1 year of Revis isn't worth it in my opinion. In other words keep the draft picks and extend the good young players already on the roster.
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Jan 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/report-49ers-interested-trade-jets-darrelle-revis

Sorry if someone already posted...

No No!!! we don't need revis pls!!!! We already have good our cb team! we need pay Goldson #38...
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Would rather resign Goldson

Yeah agreed this!!! Its very importmant by Goldson for us my team!! If we sign Revis for us then we will mess up our team.... I trust my gut feeling it..
May be he will take a pay cut re-work his contract to come to a winner if NO! then f**k him
Share 49ersWebzone