LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

tim brown:bill callahan sabotaged the superbowl

Shop 49ers game tickets
Bill can now sabotage the Cowgirls, perfect.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I knew that if Rice said it too then people here would believe it. As if Brown is an untrustworthy guy.

i don't believe either of them
Here's my take:

It was all about AL

Al gave the order to change the game plan

He knew Callahan and Gruden were chums and was paranoid that they would conspire together to stick it to him

Al either believed that someone either stole, or leaked the original game plan out and forced the change 48 hrs to kickoff

Either that, or he planned it all along. Hell, it might have even been his 60 pass plays that he drew up

By all accounts Barrett Robbins was a nut before all of this anyway, so it wouldn't shock me if this was the catalyst that sent him off the deep end

I know it all sounds ludicrous, but in Raider nation anything is possible....
Yeah, I'm sure he sacrificed his chance to become a SB winning head coach just to spite Al Davis. After all, what are things like money & respect when measured against the friendship of Jon Gruden?
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Bill can now sabotage the Cowgirls, perfect.

This!!!! J.R. agrees so I agree
So why is this even a story...

Sounds like Callahan didn't have a good report with his WRs. That happens all the time I'm sure. Lots of different personalities in the office and locker room.

So keep in mind. Sabotage is not what TB is saying. Really, that's a STRONG word. He's not saying that. Obviously he's letting people say that. So without that word (which I don't know why it's in this story) Sounds like they changed the game plan late and some key players and Callahan didn't get along. If no more information comes out, even if several more players back his story: which is essentially, that they changed the plan and didn't get along....

...and this is 10 years ago!? Seriously, what am I missing here?
Originally posted by Overkill:
Yeah, I'm sure he sacrificed his chance to become a SB winning head coach just to spite Al Davis. After all, what are things like money & respect when measured against the friendship of Jon Gruden?

No I think you misunderstand

I think Al sabotaged HIMSELF, out of some misguided idea that his underlings were out to get him
they woulda got scraped anyway. no coach or player wants to lose the superbowl. this is the case of two has beens trying to say something controversial to stay in the light. even if that has been is the greatest receiver of all time
I don't think Tim Brown or Jerry Rice would lie about what they perceived to be true. I just think that they could be wrong. The theory that Al Davis meddling played a part carries more weight with me. I can see where Callahan had poor relationships with his players and lacked leadership and through a lack of communication those players put 2 and 2 together and came to the conclusion that coach was trying to throw the game. Now it is not upon us to judge those HOF legends for what they believe they saw from within their own locker room and I trust that those hard working guys with plenty of experience on winning teams know a good bit about how things should be. When Tim said it, I took him at his word and certainly I do the same with Jerry. I just think that they could be wrong in their assessment of the situation. It pains me to see people roundly chastising them for their opinions when most of the complainers could not walk a mile in the shoes of these legends. Some people simply couldn't measure up. Sometimes we need to wait until more information comes out before we convict others to stupidity and ignorance
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jan 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Paul:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/22/jerry-rice-agrees-with-tim-brown-bill-callahan-sabotaged-us/

dumbest s**t I have ever heard... oh so Barrett Robbins didn't like the play calling so he no shows the Super Bowl? Had nothing to do with his bipolar disorder? Like Romo said, this is just someone (Tim Brown) trying to stay relevant and of course the media is overblowing this now. Would have come to light maybe the next day or 2 after the game, not 10 yrs. Idiots.

Bi-Polar episodes can be triggered under severe stress. Learning a new game plan two days before the game can drive a guy crazy and drive a crazy guy ever crazier.

LOL@theraiders
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I don't think Tim Brown or Jerry Rice would lie about what they perceived to be true. I just think that they could be wrong. The theory that Al Davis meddling played a part carries more weight with me. I can see where Callahan had poor relationships with his players and lacked leadership and through a lack of communication those players put 2 and 2 together and came to the conclusion that coach was trying to throw the game. Now it is not upon us to judge those HOF legends for what they believe they saw from within their own locker room and I trust that those hard working guys with plenty of experience on winning teams know a good bit about how things should be. When Tim said it, I took him at his word and certainly I do the same with Jerry. I just think that they could be wrong in their assessment of the situation. It pains me to see people roundly chastising them for their opinions when most of the complainers could not walk a mile in the shoes of these legends. Some people simply couldn't measure up. Sometimes we need to wait until more information comes out before we convict others to stupidity and ignorance

Well put sir

Well put

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
2002 Raiders coaches will be asked about Tim Brown's accusations, including a first-year assistant named Jim Harbaughhttp://wp.me/p14QSB-6XOS

hehe..
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
2002 Raiders coaches will be asked about Tim Brown's accusations, including a first-year assistant named Jim Harbaughhttp://wp.me/p14QSB-6XOS

hehe..

Share 49ersWebzone