There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Isn't the Georgia Dome barely 20 years old?

Seems a bit premature to be trying to build a new $1 billion stadium to me

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/363222-falcons-face-push-back-on-new-stadium-funding?sct=hp_bf2_a7&eref=sihp
If they can build a new stadium without getting embroiled in a decade-long legal war over it...great, more power to em.

Not all states/cities are as fickle about such things
Originally posted by captveg:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/363222-falcons-face-push-back-on-new-stadium-funding?sct=hp_bf2_a7&eref=sihp

time to build when your team is good
That stadium is fine. It's just Blank getting in a who can piss farther war with Jerry Jones.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
That stadium is fine. It's just Blank getting in a who can piss farther war with Jerry Jones.

This!

There's not a thing wrong with that stadium.
Rams Dome is the same thing....team trying to get a buncha renovations done on St Louis' dime (and mildly flirting with a LA return)
A co-worker of mine used to live in Atlanta. He said the problem with the Georgia Dome is primarily location. It's not necessarily in the best neighborhood, and it's difficult to get there with public transportation. Not sure if that's totally true since I haven't been to the stadium and don't know the area that well.
Originally posted by HailJerry:
A co-worker of mine used to live in Atlanta. He said the problem with the Georgia Dome is primarily location. It's not necessarily in the best neighborhood, and it's difficult to get there with public transportation. Not sure if that's totally true since I haven't been to the stadium and don't know the area that well.

True also there is really no parking lots around. I use to live in ATL and went there for a couple of events no games and the parking was horrendous. Basically all street and parking in peoples yards for a pretty penny or small mom and pop business' for a pretty penny as well.
They knew that when they built the Georgia Dome. It's in an area that was/is known as Vine City. Many people I believe lost their homes when they built that Dome. I'm not buying the bad neighborhood talk. Typical poor planning by the City of Atlanta.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kingairta:
Originally posted by HailJerry:

True also there is really no parking lots around. I use to live in ATL and went there for a couple of events no games and the parking was horrendous. Basically all street and parking in peoples yards for a pretty penny or small mom and pop business' for a pretty penny as well.

Originally posted by Jcool:

Yeah that's the funny thing, they're saying it's in a bad area yet the new proposed site of the new stadium in a half-mile north of the current stadium. LOL.

The other proposed location is in one of the southside parking lots of the stadium, so regardless of where they build it, when it's being constructed parking will be even worse than it is now.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by captveg:

time to build when your team is good

good point