LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

Marc Trestman New Bears HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schein ‏@AdamSchein

A Bears fan listening to Phil Emery speak has to be incredibly excited right now.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs

Marc: "The vision (on offense and defense) is going to be based on the players we have. I've got a lot of education to do."
The more I watch of this conference, the more I like Trestman as a HC in the NFL
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bears Talk ‏@BearsTalkCSN

Trestman says Roberto Garza bought a copy of his book at 2 a.m. on day he was hired. @BMarshall also has said he was reading it #BearsTalk
Trestman had huge shoes to fill following Mike Shanahan and Mike Holmgren. But there wasn't much to work with. We had Jerry Rice and we had Brent Jones. Floyd was hurt. John Taylor was on his way out. Don't get me started on our running back situation. I'm actually interested to see how the Bears look next season. I don't agree with the Lovie Smith firing, but this was not a bad hire. However, the hiring of Trestman doesn't address their biggest problem, which seems to be personnel. They signed Chilo Rachal, which tells you all you need to know about their front office and the ability to judge offensive line talent. They needed new scouts, guys to look at NFL free agents, and a GM, not a new coach.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
ugliest coach i have ever seen
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by WildKap:
trestman sucks. why else would he be in the CFL so long?

Trestman, 5 years in CFL

Harbaugh, 7 years in college.
7 years in college > than 5 years in CFL or in Canada period.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

one of the best Niner hats ever.

Didn't know Harry Potter was a niners fan.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs

Will #Bears run a "true" West Coast offense under Marc Trestman and OC/OL coach Aaron Kromer? Kromer weighed in.
http://sulia.com/my_thoughts/c506da64-6b3e-4fe6-8658-1ff1392f8f46/?source=twitter
Originally posted by sacniner:
WTF??? What an odd hire. Bears' fans are probably PISSED. He sucked as OC for us, and has been out of the NFL for years.

This.

I remember him just downgrading our offense after the dominant year we had prior in our Super Bowl season. I just don't see this guy having the "it factor" of being able to motivate players. Nope...just don't see it.

• teeohh
  • Veteran
He looks so creepy
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Trestman had huge shoes to fill following Mike Shanahan and Mike Holmgren. But there wasn't much to work with. We had Jerry Rice and we had Brent Jones. Floyd was hurt. John Taylor was on his way out. Don't get me started on our running back situation. I'm actually interested to see how the Bears look next season. I don't agree with the Lovie Smith firing, but this was not a bad hire. However, the hiring of Trestman doesn't address their biggest problem, which seems to be personnel. They signed Chilo Rachal, which tells you all you need to know about their front office and the ability to judge offensive line talent. They needed new scouts, guys to look at NFL free agents, and a GM, not a new coach.

This, he got absolutely screwed by the circumstances, the 49ers had absolutely no running game and Trestman still managed to make it work somehow, even with teams lining up in the nickel and daring the 49ers to throw the ball.
Originally posted by ninersoul:
This.

I remember him just downgrading our offense after the dominant year we had prior in our Super Bowl season. I just don't see this guy having the "it factor" of being able to motivate players. Nope...just don't see it.

How exactly did they "downgrade" when they had the #1 offense in the NFL with Trestman calling the plays.

It's not Trestman's fault that Policy couldn't get Ricky Watters re-signed. That single loss was enough to kill the 49ers Superbowl chances as they were left with Derek "3.1 yards and a cloud of dust" Loville as their solution at RB.

In one season, 49ers went from Ricky Watters(FA) and Bar None Floyd(injury) to Derek Loville and Adam Walker....that's one hell of a downgrade.

With Trestman calling the plays, Jerry Rice ended up having his all-time best season, setting the NFL record for receiving yards.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM ]
The comment by Eddie D in a press conference that he was "Gone", left a longer impression than his actual coaching.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ninersoul:
This.

How exactly did they "downgrade" when they had the #1 offense in the NFL with Trestman calling the plays.

It's not Trestman's fault that Policy couldn't get Ricky Watters re-signed. That single loss was enough to kill the 49ers Superbowl chances as they were left with Derek "3.1 yards and a cloud of dust" Loville as their solution at RB.

In one season, 49ers went from Ricky Watters(FA) and Bar None Floyd(injury) to Derek Loville and Adam Walker....that's one hell of a downgrade.

With Trestman calling the plays, Jerry Rice ended up having his all-time best season, setting the NFL record for receiving yards.

So you're putting him on a pedestal because he lost his superstar RB's and decided to just throw it to Jerry all season? lol
Share 49ersWebzone