There are 610 users in the forums

Crazy thought.... Aaron Rodgers was planning to sign with us after his contract ran out.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jiks
Kaep>Tolzien>Rodgers<Alex Smith
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Kaep>Tolzien>Rodgers<Alex Smith

I was hoping for one of those week 17 bye weeks like Atlanta had where you had the top seed secured and you could rest your starters and take a good look at your roster depth. Then we could have got a good look at the God and possibly AJ, Ginn, Celek, LMJ, and the younger DL
kaep is going to make you regret that thought
Kaep has smaller hand than AS

/thread
Green Bay would never, ever let Rodgers get away! Besides we have our own franchise QB now.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Kaep>Tolzien>Rodgers<Alex Smith > jesus

agreed

noodle arm
Originally posted by dcsham:

This
Thank you very f*****g much Mike "men's warehouse" Nolan!
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
kaep is going to make you regret that thought

duuuuude... what the hell is wrong with everyone????

ready to pull out the pitchforks before even readying the post.

I'm a huge Kaep fan... and I'm not saying I wish we got Rodgers....I'm just saying that by Kaep doing well, he might have knocked both Alex and Rodgers from being our Starting QBs... that's all.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Sad to see this thread from a respected vet.

what do you think this thread is about?

edit- Its basically about how crazy it is that there is a chance that Kaep's performance not only ended Alex's career on this team, but might have also prevented Aaron Rodgers from playing here as well.

The only way Aaron Rodgers would have left Green Bay is if Brett Favre somehow didn't retire when he did... back in 2008. It's possible Rodgers would have requested a trade if McCarthy and Thompson had allowed Favre to return to the team after he announced his retirement.

If you think the Packers would have let Aaron Rodgers go, for any reason, after they won the Super Bowl in 2010, you're extremely naive.

If you think Aaron Rodgers, for any reason, would have left the Packers after winning the Super Bowl in 2010, you're extremely naive.

Colin Kaepernick's successes or failures have absolutely nothing to do with Aaron Rodgers' career.

Naive? how are you going to call me naive when nothing is set in stone?? Why is he STILL not resigned?....why are there articles saying he is under appreciated and he should leave.

Rodgers is not owned by anyone...if he chooses, he can sign with another team when his contract is up... it doesn't matter what the Packers would *try* to do.

Like I SAID IN MY ORIGINAL POST, I believe Pack will offer him the largest contract in league history this off season. There is no guarantee....Rodgers is a confident dude...he will do what ever he wants. I personally think he'll resign. If we didn't have a young Qb that showed potential, I think Rodgers would've waited till his contract was over. He would've had even more bargaining chips with his hometown team showing interest.

Sad to see this thread from a respected vet.

what do you think this thread is about?

edit- Its basically about how crazy it is that there is a chance that Kaep's performance not only ended Alex's career on this team, but might have also prevented Aaron Rodgers from playing here as well.

The only way Aaron Rodgers would have left Green Bay is if Brett Favre somehow didn't retire when he did... back in 2008. It's possible Rodgers would have requested a trade if McCarthy and Thompson had allowed Favre to return to the team after he announced his retirement.

If you think the Packers would have let Aaron Rodgers go, for any reason, after they won the Super Bowl in 2010, you're extremely naive.

If you think Aaron Rodgers, for any reason, would have left the Packers after winning the Super Bowl in 2010, you're extremely naive.

Colin Kaepernick's successes or failures have absolutely nothing to do with Aaron Rodgers' career.

Naive? how are you going to call me naive when nothing is set in stone?? Why is he STILL not resigned?....why are there articles saying he is under appreciated and he should leave.

Rodgers is not owned by anyone...if he chooses, he can sign with another team when his contract is up... it doesn't matter what the Packers would *try* to do.

Like I SAID IN MY ORIGINAL POST, I believe Pack will offer him the largest contract in league history this off season. There is no guarantee....Rodgers is a confident dude...he will do what ever he wants. I personally think he'll resign. If we didn't have a young Qb that showed potential, I think Rodgers would've waited till his contract was over. He would've had even more bargaining chips with his hometown team showing interest.

It's super far fetched but would not have been impossible. For example, even if Rodgers was franchised, what team wouldn't gladly offer up whatever picks they had to as compensation for the opportunity to sign a Super Bowl winner and MVP in the prime of his career?

That said, I highly doubt it ever would have happened even if Kap hadn't emerged.
Yeah, chillax on the anti-Kaep interpretations for Rogers fantasy scenario. Like most young quarterbacks who are put into high pressure roles within 24 months of being drafted, he could use additional baking. And mentoring. (Joe baked for 36 months.) Personally, I think Alex is a potentially huge contributor in this regard. I think it's really sad so much of the public are posting antagonistic comments regarding the two. Not helpful to the maturation process. I thought the dream scenario would be Manning coming in taking CK under his wing for another 12-24 months. CK could see all the off-field-work with receivers that is needed to become a perrenial playoff QB. But, Rogers could fill that role nicely. The timing's not really right, though. Rogers has another 3-5 years behind a good OLine. CK is optimally ready 12- 24 months.
Crazy thought indeed
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
I bet that sounded really good in your mind huh?
Oh man this thread is bad
Share 49ersWebzone