There are 142 users in the forums

cleveland browns hire rob chudzinski as head coach

Shop 49ers game tickets
one time candidate for 49ers o-coordinator under singletary
Let's see how Cam does with out him.

He made Derek Anderson look like a beast and then he disappeared.
Browns gonna brown
Norv Turner the OC?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
In 2007, Chudzinski was named the offensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns. That year the Browns ranked eighth overall on[Browns] offense, sent 4 offensive players to the Pro Bowl, and finished 2nd in the AFC Northwith a record of 10-6

Wow didn't know that... but this hire feels like Pat Shurmur all over again.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Norv Turner the OC?

Sounds like it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/11/norv-turner-to-join-browns-staff-as-offensive-coordinator/

Just reports as they are "expected" to hire him.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
In 2007, Chudzinski was named the offensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns. That year the Browns ranked eighth overall on[Browns] offense, sent 4 offensive players to the Pro Bowl, and finished 2nd in the AFC Northwith a record of 10-6

Wow didn't know that... but this hire feels like Pat Shurmur all over again.

Did Shurmur call his own plays because that seems to be one thing Chud is doing right and choosing to not call plays and hiring a real OC.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol "chud" lol

R.I.P.C.H.U.D.
Norv Turner the OC?

Yep, Norv Turner's kid worked under Chudzinski at Carolina, apparently they've all got some sort of close relationship.

VERY good pick by Browns. Just what they needed.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
VERY good pick by Browns. Just what they needed.

This
even with Norv possibly joining, can't see them pursuing Alex Smith. They have to give Weeden the shot. I could see them pursuing Alex if Chip bolted Oregon for them, but not now.
even with Norv possibly joining, can't see them pursuing Alex Smith. They have to give Weeden the shot. I could see them pursuing Alex if Chip bolted Oregon for them, but not now.

Alex is younger than Weeden and obviously knows Norv system. Browns would be dumb to go with Weeden over Alex
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

Alex is younger than Weeden and obviously knows Norv system. Browns would be dumb to go with Weeden over Alex

I still can't get over the fact that Alex is a year younger then Weeden. Weeden will turn 30 during week 4 of this upcoming season, Alex turns 29 in May lolz.
Share 49ersWebzone