There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

RGIII Report

I knew something funny happened about an hour ago

It was as if a million voices suddenly cried out,

"I told you so."
Meh he'll be back next year like nothing ever happened.
It appears when his knee was injured in the regular season, it would not have held up in the long run or healed right for next season anyway...Perhaps it is better this way...If he was held out of the game, he would probably not have surgery...But, he would be really susceptible to tears and early next year he could easily get hurt and be out the whole year...Now he has chance to do it right and play next season
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
He def won't be playing next season if he needs surgery.

The recovery time after an ACL reconstruction is 6-8 months, and full strengh after 12-15.

He allready tore his ACL once in college, the main thing is regaining strengh and movement, that helps in the stabilsation.

The recovery is painfull and long. Especially the first few weeks, it feels as if the leg is just a piece of wood attached to your body. Raising it requiers thinking of raising it, tightening the muscules it isn´t automatic as if you were healthy.

That´s my personal experience.
[ Edited by JeuSF49 on Jan 8, 2013 at 11:58 PM ]
I'd still take Kap over RG3 because of his injury problems
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
That sucks man I really like RG3 Dan Snydar needs to take care of his money better just pissing it away still. If anything I was shock peterson retured as early as he did, and even more shocked he rushed for 2000+ lol I'm sure RG3 is a young dude he should heal quickly but they shouldn't rush him back this time around...

He should had never been cleared to play once he tweaked it the week before. Now, him and the Redskins are paying the price. Also, his rehab is for 6-8 months, not 9-12.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

He wouldnt have had all the injurys this season if his coaching staff would have protected him by putting him in a pro system. Like i have said around here until i am blue in the keyboard, The pistol/read option ill not last. NFL defenses are simply to physical, and when RG3 is out of the league in three years due to this experiment, teams will realise it was a stupid fad and nothing more.
Almost traded Luck for RG3 in my $$$ fantasy keeper league

Phew
It's a horrible situation from a stupid decision by Shanahan and the 'Skins - it may mean he never reaches his full potential.

I thought as soon as he started limping in the first quarter that they should put in Cousins and ride out the game. They were 14-0 up and blasting the Seahawks, the heart went out of them as soon as Griffin went down, and they couldn't do anything on O side afterwards.

I really wanted them to beat the Seahawks, was shaking my head at the TV in disbelief when they continued with him....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Buchy:
It's a horrible situation from a stupid decision by Shanahan and the 'Skins - it may mean he never reaches his full potential.

I thought as soon as he started limping in the first quarter that they should put in Cousins and ride out the game. They were 14-0 up and blasting the Seahawks, the heart went out of them as soon as Griffin went down, and they couldn't do anything on O side afterwards.

I really wanted them to beat the Seahawks, was shaking my head at the TV in disbelief when they continued with him....

Yeah, they should have pulled him and just went with Cousins. The game was essentially over after he couldn't recover the bad snap, because he was hurt.. If it was Cousins he probably picks that snap up and the game is still up for grabs.
RG3 has peaked.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

The same thing was said about Gore. RGIII right now is a better QB than Kaep. That kaep has progressed so much in such a short time is only because of Harbaugh, Roman and Chryst.

Only time will tell who will have a better career of the two.
The trend toward the running quarterback in the spread formation just took a big hit. From watching games in college and pro he was a true talent, his fakes were the best I've seen. He was slight of build and when a 300 lb. plus lineman bears down on you this is the result. It's tough enough making a living inside the pocket. I hope he heals, stays in the pocket, and has a HOF career.
The read option spread will work for some time, and then fade away as the wildcat did. In the NFL Lineman run like College LB, but hit twice as hard.
The LBs are fast as DBs and hit like Linemen in College.
Sucks for the kid. I hope he comes back the same and the tailor the plays some to protect him. The league is better with talents like this in it. It is exciting to watch. I also like that Dallas, NY and Philly have to deal with this kid for years to come. Hopefully