There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Okay, I'll say it......the NFC playoff field is soft(er)

No Giants, Bears or Saints. Big favorites coming into the season and Chicago was even a favorite midway

Packers & Falcons are Title worthy

Seahawks, Redskins & Vikings are pretenders
AFC trumps the NFC this year
Originally posted by KEGster:
No Giants, Bears or Saints. Big favorites coming into the season and Chicago was even a favorite midway

Pretty much how I feel for NFC...forgot to add NINERS as "title worthy" though.

For AFC, only Broncos or Patriots.
Personally, I think the winner of the 49ers/Packers game is going to the Superbowl. Everyone is in love with the Seahawks but they were 3-5 on the road this year (and one of those wins was basically at a neutral site in Toronto) now all of a sudden they are going to win 3 straight road games?
Softer than last year, but this still isn't a cakewalk.
last year was our shot.
Originally posted by KEGster:

Only 2 teams in the AFC are title worthy. All four playing this weekend are pretenders. At least in the NFC there are at least 3 strong contenders.. Atlanta, GB and Niners. I would put Seattle there too if they didnt have to play 3 road games.
we takin' the whole thang...... gotta think positive
Seriously? AFC Playoff Field is a cakewalk, it's basically a 2-man race between DEN and NE.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I disagree, Atlanta, Seahawks, Green Bay "could" all win it. Seattle looks like they're on a roll right now and played the 49ers tough at Candlestick. Vikings beat 49ers at home and could surprise....

However, if the 49ers are playing their game, NO ONE CAN BEAT THEM!!! They are just dominate this year...need to stay healthy & hungry!
Originally posted by Chico:
I disagree, Atlanta, Seahawks, Green Bay "could" all win it. Seattle looks like they're on a roll right now and played the 49ers tough at Candlestick. Vikings beat 49ers at home and could surprise....

However, if the 49ers are playing their game, NO ONE CAN BEAT THEM!!! They are just dominate this year...need to stay healthy & hungry!

that's a big if. They've been as consistent as my pull out method.
I actually think the NFC playoff group is actually pretty tough because quite a few of the teams are hard to game plan against. Sure, there have been some constancy issues with some of the teams, but it doesn't mean that all the teams in the NFC playoffs other than the Vikings aren't capable of playing really well and blowing out good teams.
The way I see it going down is we beat the packers, Seattle beats washington and Atlanta then when destroy the Seahawks at home. Before we play the broncos in the super bowl
When you have a season bearing no dominant team(s) whatsoever (nor consistency), it then comes down to MATCH-UPS, on game-to-game type of basis; 'location' plays a huge key, as well.

To be honest, this has been an unorthodox season, tons of trends/records have been broken, so I don't see any team within either the NFC or AFC winning back-to-back road games (just don't see a wildcard team winning it all, unlike the recent trend has shown).

Don't know how or why, but every time CBS hosts a SB (every four years), a top seed makes it, and wins, lol (Saints, Colts, Pats, Ravens).
  • fip24
  • Veteran
I strongly disagree that the AFC has a stronger pool of team. look at the seeding breakdown
#1 Denver and ATL are even in my book...look at how easy denvers schedule was
#2 49ers are better than NE (see week 15)
#3 GB is better than Houston (didn't the pack beat them by about 40)
#4 Baltimore is slightly better than Wash
#5 Seattle is way better than Ind
#6 Cincy is better than Minn

looks like 3-2-1for the NFC to me. also you can argue that 4 of the top 6 teams (SF, ATL, GB, SEA, DENVER and NE) are NFC teams