Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bills targeting QB Alex Smith?

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
As a passer no doubt, but believe what you will. So are you one of the ones that wants to take my bet.

Palmer is not even remotely close to Ben in any way shape or form. SO.. what bet?

Like I said you will believe what you will. So your gonna sit there and measure his greatness off of SB wins, and your gonna tell me he won those by himself? I'm not saying Big Ben isn't elite, but Palmer has had some better years then Ben. But again, we are side tracking from the point I'm making. You wanna win this argument OK your the winner. But like I said, I would bet any of you that Alex Smith won't be traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Someone wants to laugh cause I said a $100 itunes card but still doesn't have the guts to accept my friendly wager.

I'm keeping a watch on this! 2nd or 3rd for Alex not going to happen.

Trust me I'd love to lose, cause that would mean our 9ers get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Just like when I bet, I bet against my 9ers....if my 9ers lose I win cash, if my 9ers win, its like I paid for a win. It would be the same thing as going to a 9ers game, I spend close to $100 when I did go to the games.....that was when 49erJim didn't hook me up with tickets of course.

Pete Kolohe? Eff that never bet against my team, if the matchup is not favorable then don't bet period. You should have your Mod privilages removed.
3rd round pick and taking on the rest of Smith's contract which is somewhere around 20 mil, I don't think so.

His salary is a bargain for a quality starting quarterback. I think people are drastically either overrating or underrating his value here. I'd say an early-mid 4th round pick for Alex Smith is just about right.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Anyone spend much time watching Syracuse? I'm wondering if Alex would fit in the offense w/Buffalo's new coach.

Just look up Ryan Nassib's highlights and make a judgement there.

Actually looks like a great fit, scheme-wise. Man, Nassib looked crappy against USC
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
3rd round pick and taking on the rest of Smith's contract which is somewhere around 20 mil, I don't think so.

His salary is a bargain for a quality starting quarterback. I think people are drastically either overrating or underrating his value here. I'd say an early-mid 4th round pick for Alex Smith is just about right.

If I trade Alex, I get in return a 2nd rd pick. We are talking about a young 28yo, highly intelligent, athletic, good looking, team oriented, hard working, politically correct, top 5 QB rated, mistake-free, veteran savvied, playoff caliber, experienced, pretty good and solid QB here. Alex will be the top veteran QB talent on the market. We need to push for at least a 2nd rd pick, we may not get it but I feel that is his worth to the right ballclub in a particular position of desperation.
Hell, Cincy fleeced Oakland for Palmer and he isn't the QB that Alex is. Alex is a safe, efficient, playoff caliber, franchise stabilizing choice for the right club with the right support around him. He needs to be on a club with a decent defense and a good running game. NYJ
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

If I trade Alex, I get in return a 2nd rd pick. We are talking about a young 28yo, highly intelligent, athletic, good looking, team oriented, hard working, politically correct, top 5 QB rated, mistake-free, veteran savvied, playoff caliber, experienced, pretty good and solid QB here. Alex will be the top veteran QB talent on the market. We need to push for at least a 2nd rd pick, we may not get it but I feel that is his worth to the right ballclub in a particular position of desperation.

Conditional 3rd, upgrades to second if Alex plays 90% of the snaps or throws 20 TD. Thats a realistic asking price for a QB who has played at a pro-bowl level for 2 years and shown he can win in the playoffs. Not to mention the non-stat sheet/game film stats of being a good soldier and not being a team cancer.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Not gonna happen. Teams know that the 49ers CAN'T keep him on the roster, the 49ers have limited leverage in this situation. Ordinarily I'd say you're right, but with the 49ers having to release him eventually, his value goes down.....there's also the perception that Alex is partly a product of Harbaugh and that drops his value as well. If the 49ers can pull a 4th round pick for Alex, I'd be quite content.

Also....WTF?

" We are talking about a young 28yo, highly intelligent, athletic, good looking,"

Does his value go down if he's ugly?
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
I was LMAO on that one! Value just increased cause he is a model.
I was LMAO on that one! Value just increased cause he is a model.

Maybe he means hes media friendly? dunno.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by rigs49:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
As a passer no doubt, but believe what you will. So are you one of the ones that wants to take my bet.

Palmer is not even remotely close to Ben in any way shape or form. SO.. what bet?

Like I said you will believe what you will. So your gonna sit there and measure his greatness off of SB wins, and your gonna tell me he won those by himself? I'm not saying Big Ben isn't elite, but Palmer has had some better years then Ben. But again, we are side tracking from the point I'm making. You wanna win this argument OK your the winner. But like I said, I would bet any of you that Alex Smith won't be traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Someone wants to laugh cause I said a $100 itunes card but still doesn't have the guts to accept my friendly wager.

I'm keeping a watch on this! 2nd or 3rd for Alex not going to happen.

Trust me I'd love to lose, cause that would mean our 9ers get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Just like when I bet, I bet against my 9ers....if my 9ers lose I win cash, if my 9ers win, its like I paid for a win. It would be the same thing as going to a 9ers game, I spend close to $100 when I did go to the games.....that was when 49erJim didn't hook me up with tickets of course.

Pete Kolohe? Eff that never bet against my team, if the matchup is not favorable then don't bet period. You should have your Mod privilages removed.

The thing is, I don't root against them when I bet against them there's a difference.
I hope the Niners trade Alex Smith rather than release him - what pick(s) they can get for him is almost irrelevant the point is I hope the Niners (a) get something for him in draft picks and (b) control his destination (i.e. don't let him end up in Arizona and give him two divisional games against the Niners each year!)
You can't really compare Alex's situation with Palmer. No one except Al Davis was going to over pay for Palmer.
I think we can get a Herschel Walker type of trade for him.