Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
3rd round pick and taking on the rest of Smith's contract which is somewhere around 20 mil, I don't think so.
His salary is a bargain for a quality starting quarterback. I think people are drastically either overrating or underrating his value here. I'd say an early-mid 4th round pick for Alex Smith is just about right.
If I trade Alex, I get in return a 2nd rd pick. We are talking about a young 28yo, highly intelligent, athletic, good looking, team oriented, hard working, politically correct, top 5 QB rated, mistake-free, veteran savvied, playoff caliber, experienced, pretty good and solid QB here. Alex will be the top veteran QB talent on the market. We need to push for at least a 2nd rd pick, we may not get it but I feel that is his worth to the right ballclub in a particular position of desperation.


