There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Andy Reid Close to Chiefs Deal

reid needed to get out of philly, now he needs some support and some recievers and a multi purpose back
The highly accurate and very mobile Geno Smith running Andy Reid's west coast offense...I see good things for the Chiefs in the next few years.
I wonder if Andy will have cheesesteaks flown in???
http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000121923/reid-reaches-agreement-to-become-chiefs-next-head-coach/
Why the f**k would you want to be the Chiefs Coach??!!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Why the f**k would you want to be the Chiefs Coach??!!

Why would you want to be the cardinals head coach?

sarcasm aside the Chiefs want to give Reid full control and let him pick his GM to work with, plus the owner Hunt has pledged to be more hands on and open the floodgates for spending to make the chiefs good again.
@JasonLaCanfora: Andy Reid will have a host of options to pick from with his staff. Many expect Shurmur (OC), Castillo (OL), Childress perhaps as QB coach.

@MoveTheSticks (Daniel Jeremiah): I won't be shocked if Monte Kiffin lands in Kansas City as DC.

@Rapsheet (Ian Rapoport): Landed in LA, this may be out there: Hearing Andy Reid is telling people he hopes to bring both Tom Heckert & Packers exec John Dorsey to KC.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/04/andy-reid-wants-juan-castillo-to-be-his-offensive-line-coach/
good for Andy, wise choice
Vermeil told Reid that KC's pros overcome lack of QB: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/04/vermeil-told-reid-that-kcs-pros-overcome-lack-of-qb/
Originally posted by PTulini:
@JasonLaCanfora: Andy Reid will have a host of options to pick from with his staff. Many expect Shurmur (OC), Castillo (OL), Childress perhaps as QB coach.

@MoveTheSticks (Daniel Jeremiah): I won't be shocked if Monte Kiffin lands in Kansas City as DC.

@Rapsheet (Ian Rapoport): Landed in LA, this may be out there: Hearing Andy Reid is telling people he hopes to bring both Tom Heckert & Packers exec John Dorsey to KC.

Add the first picks of each round..and they are going to have a decent squad in a year
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I could actually see the Chiefs pulling a 180 like we did last season and the Colts did this year because of this move.

The roster is stacked with top tier talent that has been either injured or mismanaged.

Dwayne Bowe playing for Reid reminds me of T.O. when they went to the Super Bowl.

I don't watch college ball, but I read about prospects and I've read from multiple sources that Geno Smith resembles a young Donovan McNabb.

Kinda strange.

The most important decision he has to make is who to hire to run the defense. So much talent there....
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I could actually see the Chiefs pulling a 180 like we did last season and the Colts did this year because of this move.

The roster is stacked with top tier talent that has been either injured or mismanaged.

Dwayne Bowe playing for Reid reminds me of T.O. when they went to the Super Bowl.

I don't watch college ball, but I read about prospects and I've read from multiple sources that Geno Smith resembles a young Donovan McNabb.

Kinda strange.

The most important decision he has to make is who to hire to run the defense. So much talent there....

Lol I've read that Geno Smith is a "young Alex Smith" -- Obviously some talking heads are really trying to have diverse opinions.
Andy Reid is gone in two years after he states "The best restaurant in Kansas City is worse than the worst restaurant in Philadelphia"
Plenty of opportunity with a fair amount of talent. pretty good OLine, Very good RB.

Look for them to draft a WR early [1-2]

Plenty of excellent BBQ too.

Maybe he trades for Alex to groom Geno for 2 years?