Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chris Ault

• Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by forty9ers:
Originally posted by Garcia:
we still have roman

i know?... im saying if we lose him after the season...

That may be interesting.
[ Edited by Garcia on Dec 31, 2012 at 6:33 PM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Ault is retiring (again), unless he's coaching at Nevada I'd be led to believe that he is done.
Originally posted by Paul:
Ault is retiring (again), unless he's coaching at Nevada I'd be led to believe that he is done.

Said he's not retiring

He said he's not retiring...just stepping down. Basically I took what he said as "I WANT ANOTHER JOB....AWAY FROM HERE...POSSIBLY(LIKELY) IN THE NFL................OKAY....DEFINITELY IN THE NFL."

He sees NFL teams starting to utilize his offense more extensively and he wants a piece of the action.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Wake me up when anyone running a gimmick offense wins the superbowl

Define "gimmick".

Also... you post in your sleep?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Said he's not retiring

This....

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/could-kaepernick-be-reunited-ault

word for word.....

Kaepernick went to Twitter Friday afternoon after learning his former coach's 28-year run atNevada was over:

Colin Kaepernick✔@Kaepernick7
Just got word Coach Ault retired today..... I wouldn't be where I'm at today without him! I wish him nothing but the best!

28 Dec 12ReplyRetweetFavorite

But Ault, 66, said he is not retired. In fact, he appeared eager for a new challenge.

"I have a lot left in me," Ault said. "I'm in my offensive prime. I feel good about where I'm at. My energy level is still very high. Whether I coach again, I don't know."
So..... all of the HC spots have been filled, not that Ault really had a shot at that anyway. Since we haven't heard anything since he stepped down does that increase the odds he ends up on the 49ers staff next year? Maybe Geep Christ has something lined up next for next year.
Originally posted by niners_guy:
So..... all of the HC spots have been filled, not that Ault really had a shot at that anyway. Since we haven't heard anything since he stepped down does that increase the odds he ends up on the 49ers staff next year? Maybe Geep Christ has something lined up next for next year.

I think the 49ers are still the most likely destination, to join the team the way Leavitt did, as an assistant coach. I'm sure Harbaugh could find a spot with him and having Ault work with Roman could help him in regards to further developing the passing game.

You may be waking up sooner than later.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Ault - Senior Offensive Assistant

We don't need to lose Chryst or anyone else to hire Ault.
Originally posted by GEEK:

i would be down for that too, but the niners already have 3 other offensive assistants

Would be fine with this move.
Originally posted by eonblue:

You may be waking up sooner than later.

The WCO was thought of as gimicky at one point.

Just because it isn't the norm doesn't means it's wrong or can't enjoy sustained success.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

i would be down for that too, but the niners already have 3 other offensive assistants

Fire Paul Wulf. Washington State was a sh*t show while he was there. PAC - 10 friendly gesture was made, now get out.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Fire Paul Wulf. Washington State was a sh*t show while he was there. PAC - 10 friendly gesture was made, now get out.

yeah I would be down for that