There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Andy Reid FIRED

NORV TURNER 4 OC!!!@! If not then Ault
real good coach...time for a change
he's one hell of a coach...

I seriously doubt that his second team will bring him as much success as the first. I think those times in Philly were truely magical.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I heard that too but I heard that SD doesnt want him.
I think he'd be a better fit in Cleveland, Walrus' love the cold.

Being that those are the same morons that canned Schottenheimer after going 14-2 only to replace him with Norv, that wouldn't surprise me in the least.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I heard that too but I heard that SD doesnt want him.
I think he'd be a better fit in Cleveland, Walrus' love the cold.

Being that those are the same morons that canned Schottenheimer after going 14-2 only to replace him with Norv, that wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Add that to the report that the Owners son who got a scouting job handed to him by his father is going to be the new shot-caller for SD......Unless he smartens up a la Jed York and gets the f**k out of the way for a combo like Baalke/Harbaugh....There is no way that SD will be good for many more years.

New GM and HC having to be puppets and "report directly" to a silver spoon fed uninformed CEO....bad combination.....Reid could spin his "ability to develop QBs" on SD, tell them to draft a QB in rounds 1 - 3, let Reid coach him up for 2-3 years behind Rivers. BOOM Reid has just conned his way into a coaching gig for 4+ years because if Rivers stumbles he could put in "his guy" and say "he needs at least 2 years to show his stuff"...

SD is dumb enough to fall for that. Not to mention they are still a prime candidate for relocation to LA aren't they?
The guy just quit on his team. They bought the hype and just freeloaded on Nnanmdi and Vick's names.

No effort in practice shows out on the field.
If the 49ers are serious about Kaepernick as the future, then hiring the former Nevada HC Ault makes sense, in whatever role, OC or QB coach or Offensive Consultant.

Reid doesn't do it for me, never a fan. I can see Gamble taking Roman with him to Jacksonville.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Detroit should need a coach also!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
If the 49ers are serious about Kaepernick as the future, then hiring the former Nevada HC Ault makes sense, in whatever role, OC or QB coach or Offensive Consultant.

Reid doesn't do it for me, never a fan. I can see Gamble taking Roman with him to Jacksonville.

I kind of hope this happens, I think Roman and Gamble could do wonders in Jacksonville, especially if they take Alex there, ship out Henne, and draft Tyler Wilson at the top of the 2nd round. They even have a top end RB in MJD to lean on from heavy ground game style offense....

Then back in SF, make Rathman the "running game coordinator" and fill Roman's role. Keep Morton as "Passing Game Coordinator" but bring in Ault to consult on implementing the pistol properly and help Chryst with Kaepernick's development
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 30, 2012 at 7:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Ntournahu82:
NORV TURNER 4 OC!!!@! If not then Ault

You guys do know that Norv does NOT run the WCO, right?
Not sure if it makes sense to hire a guy to run what's essentially a gimmick (the pistol). That's a lot of wasted time and resources for a system that could very well be rendered moot next season (see: the wildcat).
I actually feel bad for the guy. He lost his son and I do believe that may have affected his coaching career a bit. Besides that he has really done alot for the Eagles organization. I understand that this is a what have you done for me lately league and the Eagles spent big bucks last year for a championship team but I still think Andy can coach and I thought he had done enough in his tenure to earn one more year.

With that said there is no way a coach that has been as successful as Andy Reid will be on the market for long but if he does manage to not land a head coaching gig for next season, I would love to see Jim Harbaugh bring Andy in for one season in some capacity within the coaching staff. I think even if for just one year, this guy could do wonders to help Kaepernick continue to grow next season. I know that we all see Harbaugh as the quarterback whisperer from his track record but a young quarterback can never have too much great coaching and Andy would bring years of nfl experince and a wealth of knowledge along with Harbaughs excellent ability to inspire confidence in his players and all of that could really help Kaepernick take it to that next level. Besides Andy could add alot of west coast knowledge to the playbook as well. What do you guys think?
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Dec 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM ]
Originally posted by baltien:
Not sure if it makes sense to hire a guy to run what's essentially a gimmick (the pistol). That's a lot of wasted time and resources for a system that could very well be rendered moot next season (see: the wildcat).

This.........NO MORE f**kING COLLEGE OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS. Bring in Ault as an assistant, scout, bookkeeper, barista...whatever, but not as offensive coordinator. If Roman leaves, I'd like to see someone with an NFL background and previous track record of solid playcalling to take over, with guys like Norv, Pat Shurmur and others out there, this shouldn't be all too difficult.

I'd probably take Denny Green as offensive coordinator before Ault.
Originally posted by baltien:
You guys do know that Norv does NOT run the WCO, right?

Neither do the 49ers. Norv's digits system is just a little further removed from the WCO than whatever this college hybrid/gimmick offense that the 49ers have been running this year.
He needs a year off.