There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ricky Jean Francois

I hope he gets some playoff playing time, get some fresh bodies in that DLINE.
One of the beat writers stated that he led the team in tackles yesterday. That is saying something about him holding up in the run game.
  • mod
  • Veteran
dude needs to work on run stuffing bad...

pretty good pass rusher but he cant occupy blockers like Cowboy could. Cardinals had no problem running 4-6 yards right at him... hopefully we'll face the packers and not Minnesota
So, in summary, he is no Justin Smith.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

pretty good pass rusher but he cant occupy blockers like Cowboy could. Cardinals had no problem running 4-6 yards right at him... hopefully we'll face the packers and not Minnesota

Noticed this too. With J.Smith being less then 100%, RJF is going to have to step it up big time. Sometimes the playoffs can bring out the animal in players, but I doubt he will magically get better against the run in 2 weeks time lol. I wish but I doubt it. Regardless, going to need McDonald and Sopoaga to step it up even more with Smith less then 100%.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

I hope they face the vikings. That means min@ SF in the NFC championship.
RJF held up better yesterday than he did against Seattle. He didn't get off to a strong start, but got better as the game wore on. Now, this was against Arizona. It wasn't Seattle. And it's not whatever playoff team we'll face in two weeks.

I am not real confident that Justin Smith is going to come back and be the monster that he was pre-injury. So my hope is that RJF is improving with time and practice and will be ready to "bring it" in two weeks during the first playoff game. My feeling is that Tomsula will be forced to rotate Justin in and out of the game to keep him fresh and not risk further injury.

So -- even though Cowboy will give it a go two weeks from now -- I still see a lot of playing time for RJF.
He made noticeable progress from last week. BUT...

He'll NEVER get any better UNLESS he keeps getting playing time.

You can't improve by not playing. The coaches have to get him involved in the rotation more frequently.

It will help him and the team if he can keep getting in games for 25% of the snaps.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He made noticeable progress from last week. BUT...

He'll NEVER get any better UNLESS he keeps getting playing time.

You can't improve by not playing. The coaches have to get him involved in the rotation more frequently.

It will help him and the team if he can keep getting in games for 25% of the snaps.

Yeah, even if Justin returns, he'll still be 50%, and we gotta keep the Cowboy fresh, and not out there on every down to preserve him for the SB.
RJF is not a good lineman. Rather go with the bigger nutgrabbin Jerrod Eddie.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:

Wow, solid dline play, he gets pressure(maybe a lil inconsistent but still) & a sack or two(I think). If he can step his "run D" up, he could be a very solid starter or someone that deserves to be part of the rotation. Time will tell, go niners
I know the cowboy wants to play despite being injured. But the QBs in the playoffs better beware of the Frenchman.

On a side note.
I don't recall violating any of the webzone rules and i get banned? Can we at least be sent a message to why we were banned, instead of an instant ban without knowledge as to why we were banned. Although i have not posted any inappropriate material or attacked anyone verbally according to the webzone rules.
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:

Wow, solid dline play, he gets pressure(maybe a lil inconsistent but still) & a sack or two(I think). If he can step his "run D" up, he could be a very solid starter or someone that deserves to be part of the rotation. Time will tell, go niners

its the classic "go with what i've yet to see as opposed to what i have seen" approach a lot of fans take. theres no evidence to suggest a dude who just got off the PS is any more equipped to help out right now than a dude whos been a regular rotation lineman on the team for the past 3 years or so.
It has been nice to see RJF, make some sacks. Hopefully he'll get a bit more stout in the run game. Missing Justin Smith though.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home