There are 623 users in the forums
The Bengals taking Dalton before we took Kaep
- 1 2
Dec 22, 2012 at 4:34 AM
- EezyNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 106
So far I'm glad how things have worked out for us. If Kap pans out like we think he will, then I think we got the best QB in the draft.
Dec 22, 2012 at 9:23 AM
- sacleads
- Veteran
- Posts: 828
I don't think we will ever know who the 49ers and Harbaugh wanted. Dalton or Kaep. Based on Trent Dilfer's interview a couple of weeks back, He swore that Harbaugh have always wanted Kaepernick and only Kapernick.
"Jim fought for drafting Kaepernick,'' Dilfer said. "They could have had [Andy] Dalton [who went 35th to Cincinnati, one spot ahead of where the 49ers traded up to]. Everybody wanted Dalton except him. [49ers general manager Trent] Baalke threw him a bone because it was his first year. Kaepernick was his guy. He went and worked him out, he thought he found him, and he swears to this day the only reason Kaepernick went that high was because of the momentum generated because of him. That's his guy.Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/11/27/colin-kaepernick-49ers-super-bowl/index.html#ixzz2FnobYyxg
"Jim fought for drafting Kaepernick,'' Dilfer said. "They could have had [Andy] Dalton [who went 35th to Cincinnati, one spot ahead of where the 49ers traded up to]. Everybody wanted Dalton except him. [49ers general manager Trent] Baalke threw him a bone because it was his first year. Kaepernick was his guy. He went and worked him out, he thought he found him, and he swears to this day the only reason Kaepernick went that high was because of the momentum generated because of him. That's his guy.Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/11/27/colin-kaepernick-49ers-super-bowl/index.html#ixzz2FnobYyxg
Dec 22, 2012 at 10:16 AM
- LasVegasWally
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,886
Seems to have worked out well for both teams
Dec 22, 2012 at 10:47 AM
- KowboyKiller
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,991
Watching the Niner draft room everyone was celebrating when the Bengals took Dalton, and they took Kaep with no hesitation, that says it all.
Dec 22, 2012 at 11:05 AM
- CalNiner49
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,719
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Watching the Niner draft room everyone was celebrating when the Bengals took Dalton, and they took Kaep with no hesitation, that says it all.
this
Dec 22, 2012 at 12:25 PM
- btthepunk
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,344
I believe I also remember the Raiders being upset that we jumped ahead of them to take Kaep.
Dec 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM
- Jcool
- Veteran
- Posts: 44,536
I think before the draft the consensus was we wanted Dalton. I wanted the 49ers to draft Dalton. I think after watching Dalton play I think he is a good QB but more in the Alex Smith mold. If Cincy didn't have A.J. Green, you could cut Dalton's numbers in half. I have to think Harbaugh knew the kind of QB Dalton would max out at and what Kaep could max out at. Would Harbaugh really want Alex Smith 2.0?
Dec 22, 2012 at 12:47 PM
- pelos21
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,750
Originally posted by btthepunk:I believe I also remember the Raiders being upset that we jumped ahead of them to take Kaep.
They would've f**ked up his development anyways.
Dec 22, 2012 at 12:53 PM
- blizzuntz
- Veteran
- Posts: 56,295
Dalton reminds me of Alex Smith. Except he was lucky to start off his career under better conditions/team
Dec 22, 2012 at 1:19 PM
- InconvenientTruth21
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,479
I think Dalton is the perfect west coast offense qb
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Dec 22, 2012 at 1:19 PM ]
Dec 22, 2012 at 1:28 PM
- 80849er4life
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,846
Wouldve hated to see Kaep in Silver and Black.....I wouldnt been sooooo mad!!!!!! Maybe as mad as I was when The Rams took Greg Salas......good thing hes with the Pats now......or even Pisa Tinoisamoa playing for the Rams his whole career........I really hated to see that.....
[ Edited by 80849er4life on Dec 22, 2012 at 2:01 PM ]
Dec 22, 2012 at 1:33 PM
- hondakillerzx
- Veteran
- Posts: 19,280
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Watching the Niner draft room everyone was celebrating when the Bengals took Dalton, and they took Kaep with no hesitation, that says it all.
i never saw that but i know dalton was linked to us by a bunch of the talking heads leading up to the draft. many said kaep was a 3rd rounder lol. i personally like kaeps style over dalton's so i think we got lucky to get him where we got him. just think if the raiders got kaep and how he would be wasted with them
Dec 22, 2012 at 1:35 PM
- DeepNinerValue
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,618
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I think Dalton is the perfect west coast offense qb
I'm a big fan of the Red Rifle.
Dec 22, 2012 at 1:41 PM
- StOnEy333
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 99,664
Originally posted by 80849er4life:Wouldnt hated to see Kaep in Silver and Black.....I wouldnt been sooooo mad!!!!!! Maybe as mad as I was when The Rams took Greg Salas......good thing hes with the Pats now......or even Pisa Tinoisamoa playing for the Rams his whole career........I really hated to see that.....
WTF is going on in this post? Is this an auto-correct fail, or what?
- 1 2