LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

If Tebow came to the Niners...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I think he would be okay as a 3rd string QB. Package Alex for him and maybe a draft pick or some other player and it would be a possibility. The big thing though would be the incentive. Trading Alex for Tebow would be pointless for us.

Niners are going to waive Alex, cut him, wake up :)
tebow is not a qb
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Oh hell no

This! Please, please no

Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
We're set on Special teams

actually he could help

Really think he can kick?
I think it would be a great situation for Tebow to sit back and learn with a head coach that understands quarterbacks. Not sure what the 49ers would gain from it, but if he came in as a 3rd string QB and a Wildcat type contributor, it might be worthwhile for them, but most likely Tebow is going to have to accept that he won't be a starting QB in this league and move to fullback or TE.
he could be a good FB/TE backup
He's a football guy hands down. Look at the way we use DE's at Te or OT's as an extra TE. From a football standpoint it would make sense. Alex Smith is gone. We're not going to pay him. The way this coaching staff utilizes football players it makes sense.

I know a bunch of you arm chair GM's scoff at this but it makes sense. You can never have enough "FOOTBALL PLAYERS" on a team. Harbaugh could work with him too. He really doesn't have a lot of starting chances out there. I really think he just wants to play & contribute. You guys are idiots to think he couldn't contribute in any way.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think it would be a great situation for Tebow to sit back and learn with a head coach that understands quarterbacks. Not sure what the 49ers would gain from it, but if he came in as a 3rd string QB and a Wildcat type contributor, it might be worthwhile for them, but most likely Tebow is going to have to accept that he won't be a starting QB in this league and move to fullback or TE.

Agreed! someone who knows what they're talking about
Yes let the liberalism of San Francisco corrupt this genuine individual

If he doesn't demand a lucrative long term contract, accepts he won't be a QB, and embraces the idea of playing a FB/special teamer, then yes. Tebow!
STOP. Just...stop.

Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

If he doesn't demand a lucrative long term contract, accepts he won't be a QB, and embraces the idea of playing a FB/special teamer, then yes. Tebow!

He wouldn't be a better FB than Miller, so forget that.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

He wouldn't be a better FB than Miller, so forget that.

Remember that fake punt Goldson ran against Patriots or last season's bootleg play where Alex passed to Joe Staley? I think Tebow could thrive playing a situational role. Also trick plays like fake run and pass! The chances of Tebow actually playing here is slim to none however so I don't think people should get their hopes up. (The minority of people who do want Tebow as a 49er.)
Don't you think NT has been ridiculous enough with the ludicrous Alex Smith Love/Hate War in recent years?

Tebow? The place would implode.
What use would Tebow be? ST gunner? Backup holder?
He can´t be a threat as a thrower on fake punt´s since he can´t throw...

Complete waste.
[ Edited by JeuSF49 on Dec 21, 2012 at 8:55 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone