There are 241 users in the forums

NFL admits officials, replay assistant screwed up on 49ers fumble

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by rxrunner:
dhnf says: Dec 20, 2012 9:37 AM Did they also admit to:

Wilfork's ripping Kaep's helmet sideways? (no call)Pass Interference for a 50 yard free play in the end zone on Tarell Brown when their feet got tangled (Marshall Faulk and Deion Sanders AND Mike Pereirera all said it was an awful call). That gave them a free TD.Aldon Smith getting held on every play for about 4 consecutive 2nd half drives.The unsportsmanlike conduct against Dashon Goldson on Hernandez which supposedly was helmet to helmet was an OBVIOUS no helmet shot on the replay.Brady had two easy intentional grounding plays when he was about to get sacked. Neither was called or even discussed.The Delanie Walker "fumble." He never had possession of and this was reviewed too…Tom Brady screaming at the refs when he didn't get his way.Tom Brady screaming and spiking the ball when the refs gave us our timeout.

this guy is on point.

Saw that, too, and gave his post a thumbs up...too bad a lot of people disagreed with actual facts.

Except for the fact that the Goldson penalty was the correct call. He hit him in the chin/neck. The rest are bad calls.
I've watched the game 3 times now and I must agree that Delanie never had possession long enough. On that earlier fumble, LMJ held onto the ball longer than Delanie.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
rogers b***hass should've scored anyway. I knew when he didn't get in that it would cost us at least 4 pts.

Yep and 2 niners (Ray Mac and Cully I believe) had a chance to plow through Brady before he made the tackle. Not that I wanted Brady to be injured but at least make his head ring for a minute.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
mutha truckers I knew they f'd up.
Too many rules and too many interpretations of them..Let the ONFIELD officials call the game
and give the coaches their 2 challenges per game!!

The way things are headed,ALL games will be decided a day or 2 after they are over by a panel of (experts)and attys...
We will always be on the wrong side of bad calls until we win a superbowl.
Also with about 5 minutes left in the fourth we forced a punt but the clock didnt run after brady sack. no time out was called by n.e. I coulnt believe they didnt wind the clock!
I still don't understand how Brady could basically just spike the ball into the ground without a receiver in the vicinity, each time he was about to get sacked and not have a single grounding get called. That totally filled my mind with f**k.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 20, 2012 at 10:38 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I still don't understand how Brady could basically just spike the ball into the ground without a receiver in the vicinity, each time he was about to get sacked and not have a single grounding get called. That totally filled my mind with f**k.

man thats tom brady the NFL's golden boy he could go pimp slap Goodell in the face and not get a penalty called on him.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Here's my alternative:

1. If the runner is attempting forward progress, the runner assumes liability of losing possession. Even if no forward progress is achieved, the play is still live.
2. If the runner surrenders any advancement, then the play is over.

I also don't like the fact that if the offense fumbles, and they recover, they can advance the ball. It should go back to the original place of fumble, and not where you regain possession, unless it would be behind the original point of fumble. This would prevent the offense from fumbling forwards, and gaining yardage. i think that only the defense should be able to advance the ball if they recover.

Agree completely with 1 and 2. Just need to figure out a way for the officials to know right away that the player is surrendering advancement. And yeah, offensive fumbles should only be advanced if it's backwards. That way we could still have scored on Gore's TD run Sunday.

The touchdown catch rule should also be changed so it's the same as if it was caught in the field of play. That Calvin Johnson catch last year should have been a catch (not as per the rules of course).

Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
rogers b***hass should've scored anyway. I knew when he didn't get in that it would cost us at least 4 pts.

and goldson too

we scored a TD though
We came we saw we conqured!!!!
I also thought on Aldon's first big hit that Brady fumbled. The only reason his arm went forward is because Aldon blasted him
Share 49ersWebzone