There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by MCrabs15:
RG3 its not even close. I like Kap but this its not close.

It is close. RG3 appears to be slightly better but his durability is a big questionmark.

His durability is a question mark because the Redskins use him like a f**king running back. The Redskins' brass and HC are morons for running their future right into the ground so early in his career. He has the highest ceiling of any QB in the league, IMO. He's got the accuracy, arm strength, football IQ, touch, personality, the list goes on and on.

When talking about potential, both are on the same page. Keep in mind, however, that Kaep got to sit for a year and a half under Harbaugh— who can wave his dick around and turn a qb into a star—and started with an offense that possessed Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Randy Moss, Mario Manningham and one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.

Griffin has started day one and took a mediocre team and turned it into a playoff team.

Both have extremely high ceilings, but what Griffin has shown in his first year is incredible.

Kaep played half a season. If you take his numbers and average them out over a full 16 games...


Kaepernick- 272 for 436, 62.4% comp., 3,628 yds, 20 TD, 6 INT, 98.3 passer rating, 76.8 QBR

Griffin- 258 for 393, 65.6% comp., 3,200 yds, 20 TD, 5 INT, 102.4 passer rating, 71.4 QBR



Kaep had 415 rushing yards and 5 TD's. 6.6 ypc with 9 fumbles, 2 lost. but he was involved as a wildcat guy earlier in the year, so you cant just double it.

Griffin had 815 rushing yards and 7 TD's. 6.8 ypc with 9 fumbles, 2 lost.


Now obviously you cant just double Kaep's numbers and say this is what wouldve happened, because who knows if he wouldve been fully ready on week 1. But from the way he played this year in the chances he did get. In the 7.5 games as a starting QB, what he did was the part time equivalent to what RG3 did this year over a full season.

From the passing ability to the rushing ability, they are eerily similar. I see injury issues in Griffin's future. He plays too reckless, and isnt the biggest guy in the world. Kaep has the mobility, but has shown the ability to move around in the pocket and avoid big hits.


Some of you guys laughing about this comparison need to stop paying attention to the ESPN hype machine, and the Subway/Gatorade commercials. Kaep is looking very legit as well. Its just going under the radar.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
RG3, my god this board has lost all objectivity whatsoever

Yep, RG3. Kaep isn't nearly as good as him or Luck.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by MCrabs15:
RG3 its not even close. I like Kap but this its not close.

It is close. RG3 appears to be slightly better but his durability is a big questionmark.

His durability is a question mark because the Redskins use him like a f**king running back. The Redskins' brass and HC are morons for running their future right into the ground so early in his career. He has the highest ceiling of any QB in the league, IMO. He's got the accuracy, arm strength, football IQ, touch, personality, the list goes on and on.

When talking about potential, both are on the same page. Keep in mind, however, that Kaep got to sit for a year and a half under Harbaugh— who can wave his dick around and turn a qb into a star—and started with an offense that possessed Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Randy Moss, Mario Manningham and one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.

Griffin has started day one and took a mediocre team and turned it into a playoff team.

Both have extremely high ceilings, but what Griffin has shown in his first year is incredible.

Maybe using him like a RB is what makes the field more open for him. I mean, he rushed for 700+ yards. Teams MUST change their defense to contain WAS run-game including RG3. What if they rarely ran with him like we are now doing with Kaep? Do you think he sees more full coverages?

Right now RG3 is the better QB because that's what he has shown. However, he isn't that much better. Also, if rushing for 700+ yards is what makes him a better passer, then I would take Kaep in a heartbeat over RG3 because those 700+ yard rushing seasons will only last so long.
KAEPERNICKING all the way to the HOF!!!!!
Why isn't Russell Wilson on this poll?

The brand new thorn in our side.
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
Why isn't Russell Wilson on this poll?

The brand new thorn in our side.

Because we don't want a 5'10" QB. Russ is good but he is limited to being an unconventional QB due to his height. He won't have a long and fruitful career. If you keep him in the pocket and throw a blitz right at him, he can't produce consistently. Now doing that is easier said than done, but Washington did expose a couple of things today. Credit the Hawks for a superior effort today, but the Skins were truly hindered by a gimpy RG3 as well. Hawks deserved the win though no doubt
lulz
Griffin is a tremendous talent. He's got a great arm to complement those legs. The different between Harbaugh and Shanahan here is that one guy is trying to make his QB's arm the mainstay of his ability, and using the legs as a complement whereas the other is doing vice versa.

Griffin wont last long if he keeps playing like this.
WAS did Griffen dirty. When your backup is playing well, you must protect your franchise QB from himself. He should demand a renegotiation for that alone.
Not to be a homer, but I'm definitely going with Kap now that Griffen keeps getting hurt. Though I agree with Joecool, RGIII should have never been in that game.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Not to be a homer, but I'm definitely going with Kap now that Griffen keeps getting hurt. Though I agree with Joecool, RGIII should have never been in that game.

Like Kap and excited about his future but I would trade him in a heartbeat for RG3. Cant believe Shanahan left him in that game either. Really stupid.
Originally posted by MCrabs15:
RG3 its not even close. I like Kap but this its not close.

Sike.....to late to take this back?
RG3's knee is messed UP now. It was damaged so badly that he may have to become a pocket passer, and probably has a shorter career. You could see it a mile away with how wreckless he played.

After what Kaep showed us tonight in the biggest game of his life, itd be hard not to take Kaep.
Wow after this game and taking Griffins injuries into consideration, I would take Kaepernick any day. Unless Shanahan stops making him a running qb instead of a passer like in college, he could have a very short career. He isnt like Newton, he isnt a huge freak of nature.
Kaep is better right now and I think he will continue to get better.