LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Griffin or Kaepernick?

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
dont make me choose guys. DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE!!!!!!
Are you guys on crack? I would take rg3 over kaep any day. No disrespect to CK though he has been doing spectacular but rg3 is already more developed as a passer and just as athletic.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
RG3, my god this board has lost all objectivity whatsoever

Why? Kaep has all the measurables Griffin has, while beating him soundly in the mental department (if you put any stock in Wonderlic scores). We don't have the benefit of watching Kaep play like this for a full season, but if his first five games were projected onto an entire season, there's no way you'd be complaining for objectivity.

RG3: 24 total TD, 6 total turnovers, 2902 passing yards, 748 rushing yards in 13 games

Kap (as a starter): 9 total TD, 3 total turnovers, 1088 passing yards, 202 rushing yards in 5 games --> projected over 13 games: 23 total TD, 8 turnovers, 2829 passing yards, 525 rushing yards

and that's ASSUMING, for your convenience, that his projected numbers don't take a hit.

RG3 was the superior prospect coming in, and he's been just about everything he was hyped up to be. I ain't knocking Kap at all, I'm excited for him, but I'd take RG3 over him

And you are assuming his projected numbers don't improve. Those numbers are very comparable and Kaep is only going to get better. Remember, these are his first five starts and he dropped in the draft because he was a "project". Kaep has the higher ceiling because of his similar measurables and edge in the mental department. So no, it's not a "my god" you people are crazy, decision to want Kaep over RGIII.

and RG3's numbers, by the same account, also won't improve? I'm sorry, when was it determined Kap has an "edge in the mental department"? Where does that even come from? Enough with silliness
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
RG3, my god this board has lost all objectivity whatsoever

Why? Kaep has all the measurables Griffin has, while beating him soundly in the mental department (if you put any stock in Wonderlic scores). We don't have the benefit of watching Kaep play like this for a full season, but if his first five games were projected onto an entire season, there's no way you'd be complaining for objectivity.

RG3: 24 total TD, 6 total turnovers, 2902 passing yards, 748 rushing yards in 13 games

Kap (as a starter): 9 total TD, 3 total turnovers, 1088 passing yards, 202 rushing yards in 5 games --> projected over 13 games: 23 total TD, 8 turnovers, 2829 passing yards, 525 rushing yards

and that's ASSUMING, for your convenience, that his projected numbers don't take a hit.

RG3 was the superior prospect coming in, and he's been just about everything he was hyped up to be. I ain't knocking Kap at all, I'm excited for him, but I'd take RG3 over him

And you are assuming his projected numbers don't improve. Those numbers are very comparable and Kaep is only going to get better. Remember, these are his first five starts and he dropped in the draft because he was a "project". Kaep has the higher ceiling because of his similar measurables and edge in the mental department. So no, it's not a "my god" you people are crazy, decision to want Kaep over RGIII.

and RG3's numbers, by the same account, also won't improve? I'm sorry, when was it determined Kap has an "edge in the mental department"? Where does that even come from? Enough with silliness

wonderlic score ?
I would take Kaep. But this is a solid debate. I think this thread is going to get real hot if/when the 49ers face Redskins in the playoffs!
doing a google search..... RG3 and Jamarcus Russell had the same wonderlic score (24)......................

oh.... and Ryan Fitzpatrick has the highest wonderlic score (48)

Jim Kelly and Dan Marino had scored 15

just saying.
RG3 and its not even close?
RG3 RG3 RG3
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
wonderlic score ?

Matt Leinart scored a 35 and Blaine Gabbert scored a 42, so that just about kills that argument.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 21, 2012 at 12:41 PM ]
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I Live in Maryland and RG3 is an outstanding QB whom any team would be lucky to have. Kaepernick is a a play maker in his own right and is bigger body wise and has a lot of upside, while RG3 is prone to get hurt much like Michael Vick with his narrow frame.

• teeohh
  • Veteran
Griffin
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Gryphon
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I watch all the Redskins games as I moved to Virginia and they are on every week. Griffin is world's better than Kap at this point and is learning to protect himself better. He is a faster runner, has a lot more moves than Kap, has better pocket presence and a lot shiftier in confined spaces. I can't believe the voting is close to 50-50. The Redskin receivers are not as good as the 49ers either, they constantly drop passes and have the record for the most drops in one game this year.
Originally posted by BobS:
I watch all the Redskins games as I moved to Virginia and they are on every week. Griffin is world's better than Kap at this point and is learning to protect himself better. He is a faster runner, has a lot more moves than Kap, has better pocket presence and a lot shiftier in confined spaces. I can't believe the voting is close to 50-50. The Redskin receivers are not as good as the 49ers either, they constantly drop passes and have the record for the most drops in one game this year.

You say this as he's missed the past game and a half due to injury caused by him running around recklessly. lol
  • buck
  • Veteran
I chose Kaepernick because he is the player that we have.

To tell the truth I kind of hate these x vs y threads.

No, on the second thought there is no kind of there.
Share 49ersWebzone