LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

*** WEEK 16 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 12/22 - 12/23 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Regardless of how many passes are thrown, what CJ is doing is incredible. Not just any receiver could do that. I love Crabtree but he couldnt do that. Andre or Fitz could maybe do it.
There won't be an asterisk in the record book or his hall of fame bust saying "he was on a bad team that threw the ball a lot so it's not that big of a deal" he would put up monster numbers anywhere. He'd have 1500 here.

Of course not, the guy is the most physically superior WR in NFL history IMO. Makes Jerry's accomplishments even greater in my opinion that all these physical beasts have come after him and none have been able to surpass his record until Megatron. Jerry didn't have half of the physical traits that Megatron does. He did have great QBs throwing to him but that argument goes out the window when people recognize that Stafford threw for more yards in a season than Steve or Joe. By all accounts CJ is a great guy and I love watching him play but this record really does not hurt Jerry's legacy, which is the point Gruden was trying to make IMO.

I agree. Like you said though it makes Jerry look better. It doesn't make CJ breaking the record any less impressive though.

Oh, and I was referring to people downplaying what CJ has done because he's on a throwing team, not was Gruden said.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Dec 22, 2012 at 9:01 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Should be a fun day leading up to the big game in Seattle. Thank god, for RedZone.
Originally posted by jrg:

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

RG3 only tried knee brace a bit in practice this week but will use it in today's game. He's not a fan of it but better safe than sorry
Originally posted by Jcool:
<blockquote class="quote"><div>Quote:</div> Jay Glazer &#8207;@JayGlazer

RG3 only tried knee brace a bit in practice this week but will use it in today's game. He's not a fan of it but better safe than sorry

He had it on when he was warming up earlier.
[ Edited by cwilson830 on Dec 23, 2012 at 9:44 AM ]
Here's hoping the Titans can pull off one against the Packers today, give us a little bit of a cushion. Yeah I know...Impossible
Looking like the Pats are feeling the effects from last weekends game. Jaguars just scored a touchdown on their first possession
[ Edited by RabidNiner on Dec 23, 2012 at 10:09 AM ]
A Blackmon scored
LOL this reminds me of last year in week 16 when I was rooting for the Titans to upset the Saints for easier 'bye week' insurance, this time I want the Titans to upset the Packers!

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
LOL this reminds me of last year in week 16 when I was rooting for the Titans to upset the Saints for easier 'bye week' insurance, this time I want the Titans to upset the Packers!

Wasn't that an extremely close game?

Anyway! I might get banned for saying this but im rooting for the cowboys to take the nfc east.

I hate WAS for personal reasons and i hate the Giants for obvious reasons.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Anyway! I might get banned for saying this but im rooting for the cowboys to take the nfc east.

I'm rooting for Washington but wouldn't mind Dallas, as long as its not the giants
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I'm rooting for Washington but wouldn't mind Dallas, as long as its not the giants

I want the Giants, I want them in the NFCC at home again
Man, ATL has wrapped up the #1 seed. The superbowl officially goes through atlanta.
11 games at 1:00 pm is cray
Share 49ersWebzone