There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** WEEK 16 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 12/22 - 12/23 ***

I don't want Jerry's record to be broken. But in today's game it's bound to happen. Megaton is a good guy, much better than a cowboy or divisional teams WR breaking it. Too bad it's all for nothing because they suck.
Originally posted by niners9:
I don't want Jerry's record to be broken. But in today's game it's bound to happen. Megaton is a good guy, much better than a cowboy or divisional teams WR breaking it. Too bad it's all for nothing because they suck.

He's the only weapon on a team that throws it 70% of the time.
Great, now I gotta get my name changed
Congrats to that dude...
Records are meant to be broken, but not overall career success. Great for CJ, but the GOAT is still the man.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by niners9:
I don't want Jerry's record to be broken. But in today's game it's bound to happen. Megaton is a good guy, much better than a cowboy or divisional teams WR breaking it. Too bad it's all for nothing because they suck.

He's the only weapon on a team that throws it 70% of the time.

They throw it 70% of the time because of him.
dont get me wrong.. CJ is a monster of a reciever and a great player but the lions average like 45 passes a game and the same pretty much every year

jerry and young did it with 32 attempts that year. i think jerrys is more impressive.

just like unitas record of consecutive games with touchdowns is wayyy more impressive than brees cause of the rules and time era and the saints pass like 40+ times a game.

when all you do is pass.. have pretty much no balance.. then to me its not as impressive. but sure congrats i guess.
Congrats to Calvin Johnson! Guy is a beast.
lulz Logan
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,367
I'll take 13 points from Julio.... but damn Roddy White went off.
Gruden: "They don't keep a statistic for meaningless yardage..."
Went on to say that CJ is a great player but that Jerry's yards mattered a little more, that they led more games and threw a lot less. Great on CJ for getting the record but I like that Gruden provided some perspective.
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Gruden: "They don't keep a statistic for meaningless yardage..."
Went on to say that CJ is a great player but that Jerry's yards mattered a little more, that they led more games and threw a lot less. Great on CJ for getting the record but I like that Gruden provided some perspective.

Exactly... the Lions have been getting smacked all year so have to throw a tonne.
50 points from Ryan or CJ for me, too bad CJ didnt get the endzone.
I also started Turner because I was driving most of the day and didnt think about setting my lineup.
Regardless of how many passes are thrown, what CJ is doing is incredible. Not just any receiver could do that. I love Crabtree but he couldnt do that. Andre or Fitz could maybe do it.
There won't be an asterisk in the record book or his hall of fame bust saying "he was on a bad team that threw the ball a lot so it's not that big of a deal" he would put up monster numbers anywhere. He'd have 1500 here.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Regardless of how many passes are thrown, what CJ is doing is incredible. Not just any receiver could do that. I love Crabtree but he couldnt do that. Andre or Fitz could maybe do it.
There won't be an asterisk in the record book or his hall of fame bust saying "he was on a bad team that threw the ball a lot so it's not that big of a deal" he would put up monster numbers anywhere. He'd have 1500 here.

Of course not, the guy is the most physically superior WR in NFL history IMO. Makes Jerry's accomplishments even greater in my opinion that all these physical beasts have come after him and none have been able to surpass his record until Megatron. Jerry didn't have half of the physical traits that Megatron does. He did have great QBs throwing to him but that argument goes out the window when people recognize that Stafford threw for more yards in a season than Steve or Joe. By all accounts CJ is a great guy and I love watching him play but this record really does not hurt Jerry's legacy, which is the point Gruden was trying to make IMO.
...