There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

how does jim schwartz not get fired

If this were any other franchise besides Detroit you'd have an argument but getting to the 1st round will buy you an additional losing season in Detroit.
Because his boss(s) have no balls. Look how long it took them to get rid of Millen.
He should get another year.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
If he were to get fired, he'd instantly be hired as the Rams DC by Fisher.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
If he were to get fired, he'd instantly be hired as the Rams DC by Fisher.

This. All the more reason for the Lions to give him a 2nd and 3rd and 4th chance...

He'd find his way back to Fisher's staff in one position or another.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I think/hope he will get fired after the regular season.

Yes, because what the 49ers really need is for the Rams to have a highly competent and fiery defensive coordinator.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 17, 2012 at 11:47 PM ]
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
He should get another year.

He singlehandedly cost the team two games.

In Week 3 @ Tennessee in OT they went for it on 4th and 1 from the 7 yard line when a field goal would have tied the game.
On Thanksgiving the red flag incident.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
He singlehandedly cost the team two games.

In Week 3 @ Tennessee in OT they went for it on 4th and 1 from the 7 yard line when a field goal would have tied the game.
On Thanksgiving the red flag incident.

so...what?

He deserves another year IMO. The flag incident is bad officiating.
same could be said for lovie smith
If I'm the Lions i'd fire him.... but I'm not so IDGAF. The longer he's there the more they lose. Good for everybody, except Lions fans, all 3 of them.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
the guy took over and 0-16 team & has loaded them up with talent.. yeah this year was off, but i think that was to be expected. Get Suh and a couple others under control, slightly tweak the coaching staff and see what happens.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
The Lions are actually 2nd in offense, 12th in defense, outgaining opponents by 70 yards a game, yet 4-10. One of the weirdest seasons I've ever seen. Schwartz has done a lot of good but I don't think he's the right HC to corral all the volatile and dysfunctional personalities in that locker room. He seems to be one of them.