There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cam Cameron out as OC of Ravens

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Here is a statement from coach Harbaugh:

"I have made a coaching change, and Jim Caldwell will take over as the offensive coordinator, which includes play-calling duties.

"My charge – our responsibility as a coaching staff – is to maximize the opportunities for our team to win, and we can still reach all of our goals for this season. We have a motto we follow on this team: W.I.N. – What's Important Now – and what's important now is to find ways to get better, win the AFC North and advance to the playoffs.

"With our coaches and players, the solution is in the building. We are going to make the most of our opportunities going forward, and this change gives us a better possibility to achieve our goals.

"There is a very human side to this. Cam is my friend, he taught me a lot about coaching, and he is an outstanding coach. Personally, this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do as a coach. Cam has been a significant contributor to all of our successes over the past four, almost five, seasons. Deservedly, he is highly-regarded, and we owe thanks to him for what he did for the Ravens.

"It's not about fair or unfair, right or wrong. My responsibility is to the whole team and what's best for them right now. We need a change. Our plan and our goals are to win games, win our division and get to the playoffs.

"We have a lot of work to do, and we have the coaches and players in place to achieve our goals this season. We are working on that right now. I'm excited about where we are and where we are going."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Caldwell-Elevated-To-Offensive-Coordinator/b3df8da1-e823-4de7-866d-66607f0db12c
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
the harbs are hot heads, but dam good coaches.

This, they are both very intense and competitive. It tares them up inside when they lose, basically us times 1000!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Cam Cameron fired as Ravens off. coordinator. Ray Rice's touches per gm declined from 23.1 in 2010 to 22.9 in 2011 to 19.3 this season
hire him and dump roman
Caldwell lol what a horrid NFL head coach
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
fun fact

Cam Cameron was Jim Harbaugh's QB coach at Michigan.

Well we might need a QB coach when Geep Chryst becomes OC.

I like the way you think, Mr. Jcool. I want this man in this organization.

What I don't understand is why make the change now? Does this caudwell guy has any experience as a OC? The team can put up points and they do gain a fair amount of yards.
Someone had to take the fall.

Not a fan of Cam. Then again, I think Flacco is WAYYYYYYYYYY over-rated.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
the harbs are hot heads, but dam good coaches.

This, they are both very intense and competitive. It tares them up inside when they lose, basically us times 1000!

They also both have balls to make gutsy moves late in the season.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home