There are 296 users in the forums

Chip Kelly

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
After watching what the 49ers can do with Kap, James and Gore; I'm predicting the Cardinals will dump the Wiz for Kelly.

The "Spread Option" is no longer the "gimmick" offence. It has now become established.

As an SC Alum, I support the Kelly move potential. As a 49er fan, anyone else worried?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geeked:
After watching what the 49ers can do with Kap, James and Gore; I'm predicting the Cardinals will dump the Wiz for Kelly.

The "Spread Option" is no longer the "gimmick" offence. It has now become established.

As an SC Alum, I support the Kelly move potential. As a 49er fan, anyone else worried?

Kelly is going to Philly or Carolina. Option friendly personel are already in place there and they are definitely better destinations then Arizona. Kelly might also make since at whichever team ends up drafting Geno Smith.
I can see him going to Carolina. they will probably pick up barner in the draft and will be very good
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I can see him going to Carolina. they will probably pick up barner in the draft and will be very good

cut or trade DeAngelo and go forward with Stewart(who is coincidently an Oregon Duck) and Barner presumably in the 2nd or 3rd. Draft a WR with the 1st or 2nd, and probably a new TE in the 2nd - 4th as shockey is ancient. Boom Kelly would be successful.
i actually cannot wait to see chip kelly coach in the nfl where ever it is.
Originally posted by sfout:

cut or trade DeAngelo and go forward with Stewart(who is coincidently an Oregon Duck) and Barner presumably in the 2nd or 3rd. Draft a WR with the 1st or 2nd, and probably a new TE in the 2nd - 4th as shockey is ancient. Boom Kelly would be successful.

they would be one hell of a team. but i feel like our D would be most effective in the league at stopping a spread offense with that caliber
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

they would be one hell of a team. but i feel like our D would be most effective in the league at stopping a spread offense with that caliber

yea we'd be able to stop them for sure especially because we have so many players on offense who played spread option in college we'd be way prepared for it. But there is no denying that if that old hag Jerry Richardson wants a superbowl his best chance is to can Ron Rivera and throw tons of cash at Chip Kelly (he'd have to play him Harbaugh money like $5M a year to get him). I just dont know who they'd get as there DC because I really think that Carolina's main weakness (besides Cam's ego) is the ENTIRE coaching staff....Ron Rivera, Rob Chudzinski, and Sean McDermott
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 12, 2012 at 8:19 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone