LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

CHARGERS SET TO FIRE COACH TURNER, GM SMITH

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
I knew before I opened this that it was going to be a bring back Norv (digit system) post. Hell no! Why in the hell would we do that. UGH Stop already plz
Really not surprised
Norv Turner's possible next stop? Dallas!

If it wasn't clear before, it should be clear now that Norv Turner is not a good Head Coach. Some coaches are meant for one position only and he happens to be an excellent Offensive coordinator ... never a head coach. Just as that guy Ryan with the Jets ... he's a good Defensive coordinator .. not a head coach. How about Wade Phillips which is now the Texans defensive coordinator? Was not a good Head Coach.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
is that jimmy raye really gonnna take over for smith?

No, I thought so too. Jimmy Raye lll, current Chargers director of player personnel is his son.
I think that Norv has been constantly hamstrung by his GM. It seems that every year they had issues with key players. Issues brought on by their GM.
  • OG9R
  • Veteran
Unless Greg Roman decides to coach elsewhere next season, he will still be our OC. Norv just can't accept that fact that he's not a good HC. If he would've stayed on board with us as our OC, we would have progressed nicely. He can coach the Raiders again if he wants but as a Niner, NO WAY!
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
I cannot believe he was been coaching in SD for 6 years already where does time go

Same place as our missing socks.
FYI I think the Jimmy Raye on the Chargers personnel staff is Jimmy Raye III. Son of Jimmy Raye II of SanFransisco infamy.
Originally posted by vaden:
Originally posted by Paul:
I cannot believe he was been coaching in SD for 6 years already where does time go

Same place as our missing socks.

Under my bed?
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
I read set fire to

Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by VA49er:
FYI I think the Jimmy Raye on the Chargers personnel staff is Jimmy Raye III. Son of Jimmy Raye II of SanFransisco infamy.

They are talking about making this guy the new GM.......

Are you sure it's any relation?
I can't believe they didn't figure it out sooner. As a SD resident I never had any faith in Turner or Smith. Every decision they have made for the last half decade has been the wrong one. A steady decline from a once excellent team. I don't care as I don't cheer for them. But I certainly get a lot of news about them living in this city. Just horrific FA, draft, salary cap management decisions. The stuff they have been doing just doesn't make any sense. I'm not surprised they got worse.
after the season they are out, IMO FWIW TBPO IDGAF
Norv left us high and dry, I think the Niners should do the same. Just say no Norv, we have much better options now. We actually have a real head coach finally!
F*** NO!! I'd never welcome that SOB back after leaving us late in the offseason. It was too late for us to interview other OC candidates and who were we stuck with? Hostler. Turner can EAD, karma!
Share 49ersWebzone