There are 179 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

John Gruden and the Oakland Raiders

Gruden and Reggie McKenzie were together in Green Bay, correct?
Originally posted by Mercuryspeed:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I want this to happen just to get Gruden off MNF.

What is wrong with Gruden on Monday night? Sure he's pretty predictable in speech, but that doesn't mean he's not the most entertaining host the show has had in the last decade and a half. He's fine there, reminds me of a new age Madden.

seems like he's the only guy that gave niner players some love aka an announcer without an east coast bias for once
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

he's awesome on mnf

This. I love Gruden on mnf.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

he's awesome on mnf
El double
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 5, 2012 at 7:50 AM ]
Interesting. I'm not sure what's there for him in Oakland. It's a dicey situation there.
yea, he's awesome on MNF. He's always on someone's dong. Mediocre players are future Hall of famers and he gets every other players name wrong.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
It�s so wrong to see Rice as a Raider.
Only worst thing would have been to see him in a cowboys uniform...

Seahawks was the worst!!
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Gruden and Reggie McKenzie were together in Green Bay, correct?

I dont think so. I think Gruden was in Philly when McKenzie went to GB.
Originally posted by VA49er:
Interesting. I'm not sure what's there for him in Oakland. It's a dicey situation there.

$$$
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by VA49er:

$$$

And the challenge. Not all coaches want to go to a team that is stacked and ready to win. Some like building it. He would need all personnel control to go there though i think. Isnt that why they fired Hue Jackson?
No way Gruden would leave the relatively cushy job on MNF to coach the Raiders. He has a lot more job security and a lot less aggravation now.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Breaking news?? LOL I think not. You would think a Mod would know better than to make a thread like this. Total speculation and not a thing confirmed.

If you read what he posted it is quite clear. Of course it isn't confirmed, where does he imply it is?

I read what the title of the thread says. There is NO breaking news here at all. Its misleading and implying that something really is happening. My guess is that if a Mod hadnt started it the thread would already be locked.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Gruden has been linked to the Arkansas job, Tennessee job, the FADERS, in some weird way to the Browns (by way of the Tenn job), and to god knows how many other jobs. The dude is epic on MNF. He is this generation's Madden. In fact, I won't be surprised if he is the heir apparent to the Madden franchise when John parts the earth.
[ Edited by fropwns on Dec 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM ]
Originally posted by fropwns:
Gruden has been linked to the Arkansas job, Tennessee job, the FADERS, in some weird way to the Browns (by way of the Tenn job), and to god knows how many other jobs. The dude is epic on MNF. He is this generation's Madden. In fact, I won't be surprised if he is the heir apparent to the Madden franchise when John parts the earth.

Exactly. Tons of rumors because of who he is. Those may not ever go away. The title of the thread should have been.. RUMOR MILL - IS JON GRUDEN TALKING TO THE RAIDERS???
Originally posted by English:
Breaking news?? LOL I think not. You would think a Mod would know better than to make a thread like this. Total speculation and not a thing confirmed.

If you read what he posted it is quite clear. Of course it isn't confirmed, where does he imply it is?

I read what the title of the thread says. There is NO breaking news here at all. Its misleading and implying that something really is happening. My guess is that if a Mod hadnt started it the thread would already be locked.

You must have missed the large, red RUMOR tag.

In response to your last point, when threads like this show up we try to find some basis for them (a link) and, if it exists, we label it as a rumor. If no link, we may lock it.

The next time you want to complain about the staff, would you please PM the mods or - if it is really critical - PM Oscar? Thank you.