There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

John Gruden and the Oakland Raiders

• Paul
  • Veteran
They need to have some stability... give that Allen guy more than one year. How long have people been saying this for? Then again Gruden was the last coach that made the Raiders relevant & he got along with Al Davis...who knows.
  • da209
  • Veteran
mmmh Alex?
If this is true that's totally f**ked up towards Dennis Allen considering his Dad just passed away like today or something. At least wait til the season ends, sheesh.
Allen is getting Alex smithed
Good move by Reggie McKenzie. Cannot be any worse than Dennis Allen.
not gonna happen
Originally posted by susweel:
not gonna happen

^
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I want this to happen just to get Gruden off MNF.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Serious. I think he would instantly make them better. Not superbowl contenders right away but defeinitely better.
Giants win another world series, A's make the playoffs and look to be even better next year, we win the superbowl this year. Sharks are always good (when theres hockey), and I think the Warriors make the playoffs this year too.
Not to mention the new stadiums being built and a superbowl coming in a few years.

this!
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I want this to happen just to get Gruden off MNF.

he's awesome on mnf
wow this is like a a raider fans dreams come true
GRUDEN'S GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER

CHAMPIONSHIP

If this happens, I'm more than certain Gruden implants Alex Smith within his west-coast system next season. Alex wouldn't have to move his family, and Gruden admitted to wanting Smith on the Bucs (during his tenure there) throughout numerous MNF broadcasts.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
If this happens, I'm more than certain Gruden implants Alex Smith within his west-coast system next season. Alex wouldn't have to move his family, and Gruden admitted to wanting Smith on the Bucs (during his tenure there) throughout numerous MNF broadcasts.

I could see this happening.

Alex would have to be an upgrade over the suck that has been Palmer in Oakland.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

First thing that came to my mind. Maybe the go after Jake Long in FA and draft a stud receiver too...