There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dirty play by Rams secondary in 49ers game

I didn't notice anything unusual. Caught Finnegan stretching the rules a little bit maybe once or twice. Still, it's silly to whine about it. The perfect way to get back at an a*****e like Finnegan is to win the game. We did not. I'm more upset at our team than the Rams or the Refs.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
It's football. Let's not be pansies about it.

this
Let's get back at them by winning the SB, and making fun of them and their one trophy vs our six.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
It's football. Let's not be pansies about it.

this
This

Other than a couple of times Finnagan slamming his elbow into someones helmet and trying slam Crabs head into the ground, nothing to complain about, it's football.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Not to disagree with the "it's football" comment because I don't mind when players get away with physical play. The problem is that they were getting away with much more than the niners were. I thought the Goldson personal foul was much less egregious than some of the stuff they were pulling by taking players down by the head. It could be complete bias because of my allegiance to the niners but it just seems that week in and week out were screwed by bad calls.

You know how it goes. The Pansy Cortland Finnegan hits a receiver. The receiver retaliates and gets flagged, not Finnegan. The
2nd guy always gets called, not the guy who started it. Dahl and Finnegan are two of the biggest punks out there but they don't
get reprimanded because they know how to get away with stuff.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Credit where it's due. Finnegan is a good football player. not "shut down" category but a solid DB. very physical

that said:

Finnegan is a dirty player and is consistently voted as one of the dirtiest players in the league.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/08/ndamukong-suh-again-voted-nfls-dirtiest-player/ #3 this year

Finnegan has openly stated he wants to be the dirtiest player in the league.
http://ten.247sports.com/Article/Titans-defensive-back-admires-veteran-Steelers-receiver-he-is-ab-858

also, he's solid coach, but Jeff Fisher has a history of having dirty players on his team in addition to Finnegan...... albert haynesworth.

I remember that play, and I was always upset that everyone applauded Johnson...now I totally understand...Finnegan is a p***y and a cheap shot $itch...If I were Roman, I would game plan to make Finnegan tackle or take on a run block every play and give every linemen an opportunity to hit him. I would cut him, double him, hit him late...do everything he does.

He purposefully tries to provoke people...and he even kicked Moss one time with no flag....he is a disgrace to the game and total reflection of his head coach.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Not to disagree with the "it's football" comment because I don't mind when players get away with physical play. The problem is that they were getting away with much more than the niners were. I thought the Goldson personal foul was much less egregious than some of the stuff they were pulling by taking players down by the head. It could be complete bias because of my allegiance to the niners but it just seems that week in and week out were screwed by bad calls.

You know how it goes. The Pansy Cortland Finnegan hits a receiver. The receiver retaliates and gets flagged, not Finnegan. The
2nd guy always gets called, not the guy who started it. Dahl and Finnegan are two of the biggest punks out there but they don't

Yeah I agree with that too. It's pretty frustrating to watch. The Niners are a hard-nosed team that hits hard (and legally most of the time). What is frustrating is the other teams that show up and try to be more "physical", and in the meanwhile, they are getting away with cheap shots while the niners are getting flagged for very tick tack plays.

There's really nothing we can do about it, so really it comes down to the fact that our coaches and players need to man up and do a better job.
Seahawks are also dirty. Gore got that phantom black eye from a dogpile years back. Dudes sock nards in the piles .

Then you have Darrell Docket but the Cards fell off.

The NFC west is tough, grimey, no love old schoolish, personal division.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:

you just gotta put the ear muffs on when you play finnegan. and ignore him. attack him by not getting razzled.

watch what josh morgan did. and do the opposite.
you just gotta put the ear muffs on when you play finnegan. and ignore him. attack him by not getting razzled.

it's not just the talk though, he's physically dirty. On one play, he almost ripped off crabtrees helmet by pulling up on the bottom of the facemask, then after taht as he rolled over crabtree, he kicked him in the face. You can clearly see it was intentional. Crabtree got up pissed pointing it out, but the refs must've missed it. They should review the film and fine his ass.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

it's not just the talk though, he's physically dirty. On one play, he almost ripped off crabtrees helmet by pulling up on the bottom of the facemask, then after taht as he rolled over crabtree, he kicked him in the face. You can clearly see it was intentional. Crabtree got up pissed pointing it out, but the refs must've missed it. They should review the film and fine his ass.

agreed.

the thing is though...... jeff fisher is on the competition committee.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Dec 5, 2012 at 12:12 PM ]
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Let's get back at them by winning the SB, and making fun of them and their one trophy vs our six.