LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 311 users in the forums

Dirty play by Rams secondary in 49ers game

Shop 49ers game tickets
Was I the only guy that noticed that twice, if not three times, the Rams secondary going out of their way to slam the 49ers receivers heads into the turf during the game? It was really beyond the pale. We see all these "technical" roughing penalties called. It's like the refs forgot that there is a general rule against unnecessary roughness.
[ Edited by VA49er on Dec 3, 2012 at 8:06 PM ]
It was......refs let way too much go that game.
I was starting to feel like I was the only one who saw that. I didn't like the way that game was called. I felt like they let the Rams play tough but made us play super clean. There were some plays by the Rams, that as a football fan, made me sick to watch.
It's football. Let's not be pansies about it.
Not to disagree with the "it's football" comment because I don't mind when players get away with physical play. The problem is that they were getting away with much more than the niners were. I thought the Goldson personal foul was much less egregious than some of the stuff they were pulling by taking players down by the head. It could be complete bias because of my allegiance to the niners but it just seems that week in and week out were screwed by bad calls.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Not to disagree with the "it's football" comment because I don't mind when players get away with physical play. The problem is that they were getting away with much more than the niners were. I thought the Goldson personal foul was much less egregious than some of the stuff they were pulling by taking players down by the head. It could be complete bias because of my allegiance to the niners but it just seems that week in and week out were screwed by bad calls.

Consider the roughing call on the rams def tackle who bumped into niners qb--face it rams beat the niners fair and square
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

The QB slid. Can't really dispute the Goldson call.

Our defense kicks the living s**t out of teams every single week. I feel we have very little room to complain on this topic.
Definitely part of Fisher's playbook.
I saw Finnegan do it twice, once to Crabtree and the other to Gore
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Dec 3, 2012 at 10:00 PM ]
I thot the Goldson roughness call was crap cuz he was already committed to the tackle then Bradford slid. Even Goldson rolled away from direct shoulder shot

I don't disagree with the "it's football" comment either. But there is a line. Finnegan got up after tackling Mario, pushed his hand down on his head to get up and then jammed his fingers into his gut. That isn't football, that is dirty s**t. Then another time when Crabs ran out of bounds, Finnegan swung at his head and tried to grab his collar.
Originally posted by Stealthduner:
I thot the Goldson roughness call was crap cuz he was already committed to the tackle then Bradford slid. Even Goldson rolled away from direct shoulder shot

It was a b******t call but so was there personal foul on the Kap hit. The refs were horrible both ways yesterday, although they let the Rams get away with too much dirty s**t.

We lost the game with that absolutely stupid call on our own 5.
Credit where it's due. Finnegan is a good football player. not "shut down" category but a solid DB. very physical

that said:

Finnegan is a dirty player and is consistently voted as one of the dirtiest players in the league.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/08/ndamukong-suh-again-voted-nfls-dirtiest-player/ #3 this year

Finnegan has openly stated he wants to be the dirtiest player in the league.
http://ten.247sports.com/Article/Titans-defensive-back-admires-veteran-Steelers-receiver-he-is-ab-858

also, he's solid coach, but Jeff Fisher has a history of having dirty players on his team in addition to Finnegan...... albert haynesworth.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Anybody believe the theory we get less calls because Harbaugh abuses the refs ?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Stealthduner:

It was a b******t call but so was there personal foul on the Kap hit. The refs were horrible both ways yesterday, although they let the Rams get away with too much dirty s**t.

We lost the game with that absolutely stupid call on our own 5.

it was definitely a make up call.
Share 49ersWebzone