LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Shooting at KC Chiefs facility?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I remember 1963 the NFL didn't cancel the games that Sunday after the JFK assassination. They did cancel the halftime shows. By playing the game the NFL shows the levels of insincerity they can reach. Play the game mid week or not at all.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I remember 1963 the NFL didn't cancel the games that Sunday after the JFK assassination. They did cancel the halftime shows. By playing the game the NFL shows the levels of insincerity they can reach. Play the game mid week or not at all.

It was said that the players wanted to play tomorrow. People see it as disrespectful but I think its more respectful to continue playing as normal.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I think the NFL left it up to the Chiefs whether to play or not and the Chiefs said lets play.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
It was said that the players wanted to play tomorrow. People see it as disrespectful but I think its more respectful to continue playing as normal.

Playing as normal?

Playing as normal?

Yep. Id be fine if they decided to postpone til monday or tuesday but if the players and coaches truly chose to play tomorrow then thats good. Obviously some players won't be playing normal but keep moving on as normal.
The sooner people can stop talking about this tragedy, the better for everyone involved.

I need them to play for my fantasy football teams
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Coach and GM gotta be traumatized after watching that dude blow his brains out.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I dont care what the motive was. It is meaningless. He killed the young lady in cold blood and then was was a coward and killed himself. I think thats all I need to know.
Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is a fan's forum, and as fans we can be utterly irresponsible at times and make unbelievably ignorant and grossly simplistic statements. Unless you are holding back info from the rest of the news consuming public, I dare say you don't know him, his family, or the circumstance well enough to conclude this was "meaningless", that it was in "cold blood", or that he was a "coward". And based on whats been reported thus far it's simply not enough to conclude anything beyond the reported.

The same can be said vice versa, sometimes I have to remind myself this is a fan's forum, and some will defend a douchbag
If you actually read my statements on this you'll find that I'm not defending anyone.

For some reason I thought you were defending him when you basically saying I shouldn't prejudge him.
OK, explain to me how I'm defending him by saying that people shouldn't "basically" prejudge this situation. I don't know the guy, and as far as I know no one here does either. All we know is that they argued, he shot her, and then himself in front of his coach and GM some time later. THAT'S IT!! Beyond that (unless more details are released) none of us are on good ground to draw conclusions.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Damn that's some tragic s**t. Wtf was he going through to make him do something like that? Puts a lot of s**t in perspective.

Makes football seem utterly irrelevant. If the league makes the team play this Sunday I'll honestly be shocked.

I'd be surprised if they don't play.

Agreed. The game will go on. People die. It's sucks, and it's hard, but that's life.
True, but most people die of old age or disease. 25 year old rich guy with a newborn committing murder - suicide is pretty rare and shocking, especially one you assume isn't doing hard drugs.

What the hell are you talking about? Plenty of people die not of old age or disease. And actually, I don't assume 25 year old millionaires aren't[i] on hard drugs.
Anyone hear anymore about the rumor that she gave him HIV? Not that anything can ever justify what he did.

Did people talk this much s**t about Steve McNair's girlfriend for killing him then herself? Or was it not as bad because she killed him and not the other way around?
Nope. In fact, what got more conversation was the fact that he had a mistress. This is one reason why I'm hard on letting all the facts come out before people start drawing conclusions about him and this situation.

Anyone hear anymore about the rumor that she gave him HIV? Not that anything can ever justify what he did.

Did people talk this much s**t about Steve McNair's girlfriend for killing him then herself? Or was it not as bad because she killed him and not the other way around?
Nope. In fact, what got more conversation was the fact that he had a mistress. This is one reason why I'm hard on letting all the facts come out before people start drawing conclusions about him and this situation.

Yeah I didnt think I heard this much about it. Mostly because it was a woman killing a man and not a man killing a woman. Also wasnt he breaking up with her and wasnt gonna pay for her condo anymore? I recall something like that.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Exactly, shock numbs the body and mind after such a situation, it takes a few days to process. On April 12, 2012 Piermario Morosini, a 25-year-old midfielder on an Italian league soccer team had a heart attack and died on the field. The entire league cancelled games the following week.

Exactly, shock numbs the body and mind after such a situation, it takes a few days to process. On April 12, 2012 Piermario Morosini, a 25-year-old midfielder on an Italian league soccer team had a heart attack and died on the field. The entire league cancelled games the following week.

Yeah I can't imagine what Crennel will be going through tomorrow on the sidelines. It's bad enough that his team sucks ass, now have to go through this.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Dec 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM ]

Big difference between dying from a heart attack while playing and killing yourself after you've killed someone else on your day off.
CONDOLENCE ! .
Share 49ersWebzone