Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shooting at KC Chiefs facility?

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Dead girlfriend's Instagram

http://instagram.com/kasandraperkins

Sad.

While what he did was terrible, please, speaking as a person not a mod, refrain from judgement. As someone who has at one point struggled with suicidal thoughts, it is not as easy as saying "He was selfish and wanted out". It's a sickness, there are so many factors involved, and the human mind can be an immensely complex thing.

Let's call it what it was, a terrible tragedy for all involved.
I wonder what the f**k she could of done that made him so angry to do what he did to her. Crazy and sad.
Originally posted by Janitor:
While what he did was terrible, please, speaking as a person not a mod, refrain from judgement. As someone who has at one point struggled with suicidal thoughts, it is not as easy as saying "He was selfish and wanted out". It's a sickness, there are so many factors involved, and the human mind can be an immensely complex thing.

Of course he is going to get judged, especially since he isn't going in front a jury to be judged.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Chiefs announced Sunday's game will be played as scheduled.

I have never subscribed to the school of thought that people are selfish when they commit suicide. I think it is very sad when a person reaches that point where they feel that is the only option. I actually think it is rather insensitve when people bash those who commit suicide...however, in this case he didn't just take his own life and there is a baby involved. As i stated earlier, he was clearly troubled and this is a very sad story, but suicide is one thing, murder-suicide is another.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Chiefs announced Sunday's game will be played as scheduled.

If it was their decision then that's good, maybe it can give them some distraction. If the NFL is forcing them to, then it's a total chicken s**t move.

I'm gonna try to avoid all the pregame shows.
They say she went to a concert until 2am and he was pissed she wasn't answering her phone.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Danny Parkins ‏@DannyParkins

Spoke to #Chiefs PR... There will be no further statements. First time we'll be able to talk to Romeo and the players is after the game.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

That the Chiefs captains were a big part of the decision-making process should give everyone peace in the decision to play tomorrow's game.

Not only did the Chiefs have their say in the decision to play tomorrow, but Roger Goodell consulted with NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith on it.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 1, 2012 at 1:19 PM ]

I don't think people are calling him selfish cause he killed himself. I think that he is being called selfish cause of the life he took.(because of selfish reasons)
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I have never subscribed to the school of thought that people are selfish when they commit suicide. I think it is very sad when a person reaches that point where they feel that is the only option. I actually think it is rather insensitve when people bash those who commit suicide...however, in this case he didn't just take his own life and there is a baby involved. As i stated earlier, he was clearly troubled and this is a very sad story, but suicide is one thing, murder-suicide is another.

I agree with the bolded.

Just from a quick observation of this though it seems dude killed himself because of the combo of guilt and or he knew he'd be in prison the rest of his life if not.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I agree with the bolded.

Just from a quick observation of this though it seems dude killed himself because of the combo of guilt and or he knew he'd be in prison the rest of his life if not.

Basically Rae Carruth is a scum bag Bc he didn't kill himself after shooting the mother of his child. But had he killed himself , some people on the zone would show him sympathy.
This is truly a sad day in football. The worst thing is that the baby lost both parents. Tragic. My heart goes out to the baby and the family.
Originally posted by Muggins:
I agree with the bolded.

Agreed. Granted we don't know the whole story, but that is why, in this case, empathy is lacking.
Do you remember Ricky Berry?