Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
11,136 RETWEETS

https://twitter.com/Jovan_Belcher/status/274937385781981184
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Suicide may be the 10th leading cause of death but a murder/suicide is much less common.
Murder-suicide deaths are not tracked, they are estimated at 1,000-1,500 a year in the USA. 2.4 million people die yearly in the USA every year. Do the math, rare occurrence, add in the age, the fact he was wealthy and it is a very rare act. A lot of murder suicides are committed by the elderly and people with money problems, this was a wealthy young man.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Update, 2:13 p.m.: This report from the Kansas City Star suggests the couple had been arguing after Perkins was out late, attending a Trey Songz concert. The friend quoted in the article says that Belcher and Perkins had been dating for three years, and that "she wasn't aware of any prior physical abuse."

http://deadspin.com/5964841/?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Damn that's some tragic s**t. Wtf was he going through to make him do something like that? Puts a lot of s**t in perspective.

Makes football seem utterly irrelevant. If the league makes the team play this Sunday I'll honestly be shocked.

I'd be surprised if they don't play.

Agreed. The game will go on. People die. It's sucks, and it's hard, but that's life.
True, but most people die of old age or disease. 25 year old rich guy with a newborn committing murder - suicide is pretty rare and shocking, especially one you assume isn't doing hard drugs.

players have taken personal days because of things like this? can't they do it as a team?

i don't think goodell will let them though.....

thoughts and prayers to all those effected.

Better not sit the stars look what the NBA is doing to the Spurs
Wow...

RIP to the victim. Wonder what caused Jovan to snap
Originally posted by BobS:
Suicide may be the 10th leading cause of death but a murder/suicide is much less common.
Murder-suicide deaths are not tracked, they are estimated at 1,000-1,500 a year in the USA. 2.4 million people die yearly in the USA every year. Do the math, rare occurrence, add in the age, the fact he was wealthy and it is a very rare act. A lot of murder suicides are committed by the elderly and people with money problems, this was a wealthy young man.

I agree. Anyone who says this isn't shocking isn't understanding the situation.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Wow...

maybe though playing well he was told he was being replaced in the starting line up
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
I wonder if the shooters family will blame this on nfl head trauma/concussions?

Better not. This isn't a suicide. The piece of s**t killed an innocent young women and probably figured it was better to kill himself instead of spending life in jail.

of course someone will get sued, and it will be the NFL over concussions. and the family will get paid, and more rules will develop out of the NFL protecting players... constant debates will occur on ESPN radio and NFL radio. These NFL players know the risk about thier safety just like i did when i signed up for the Army 8 years ago. A concussion doesnt drive you to kill yourself, only selfish idiots do.
I agree. Anyone who says this isn't shocking isn't understanding the situation.

I was under the impression he was talking about just suicide in general, which is indeed not a rare act.
Originally posted by forty9ers:
of course someone will get sued, and it will be the NFL over concussions. and the family will get paid, and more rules will develop out of the NFL protecting players... constant debates will occur on ESPN radio and NFL radio. These NFL players know the risk about thier safety just like i did when i signed up for the Army 8 years ago. A concussion doesnt drive you to kill yourself, only selfish idiots do.

There is zero percent chance they Sue the NFL and win claiming they are responsible for this incident.

I wouldn't doubt the Chief's setup some sort of fund for the child.

Originally posted by YungAce:
Wow...

well...... he did play for the Chiefs...
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Dead girlfriend's Instagram

http://instagram.com/kasandraperkins
I blame Kaep's tattoos.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
I blame Kaep's tattoos.

Not the place for jokes
Originally posted by okdkid:
Dead girlfriend's Instagram

http://instagram.com/kasandraperkins

Sad.