There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

COACH CAROUSEL

Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Marc Trestman hired as bears HC.

Just cant see that working out for cutler.... Dunno I might eat crow but I think next year that d regresses and the O doesn't improve at all

i think this is the last chance for cutler

Dunno man , I just feel that if trestman was any good he wouldn't have been in the cfl for 10 years.

Well see what moves he makes ,

I do strongly feel that the d will regress due to old age tho.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,917
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Marc Trestman hired as bears HC.

Just cant see that working out for cutler.... Dunno I might eat crow but I think next year that d regresses and the O doesn't improve at all

i think this is the last chance for cutler

Dunno man , I just feel that if trestman was any good he wouldn't have been in the cfl for 10 years.

Well see what moves he makes ,

I do strongly feel that the d will regress due to old age tho.

5 years. Harbaugh was in college for 7 years.
Originally posted by Jcool:
5 years. Harbaugh was in college for 7 years.

I stand corrected, read somewhere it was 10?

Even so , two completly different leagues and you would think if he was half decent he would be an OC somewhere? Or a head coach in college( must pay more than the cfl?)

well see what happens. I'm quite happy to eat crow if cutler improves. He has the tools and weapons to do so.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,917
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
I stand corrected, read somewhere it was 10?

Even so , two completly different leagues and you would think if he was half decent he would be an OC somewhere? Or a head coach in college( must pay more than the cfl?)

well see what happens. I'm quite happy to eat crow if cutler improves. He has the tools and weapons to do so.

Haven't been able to find anything on how much he made in Montreal. He was a candidate for the Minnesota Gophers job a few years ago. Both College and CFL are both minor league compared to NFL, I cant remember which Matt said it but when we hired Harbaugh, it was said it wasn't worth it for Trestman to come back to NFL for anything less then a HC job.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
I stand corrected, read somewhere it was 10?

Even so , two completly different leagues and you would think if he was half decent he would be an OC somewhere? Or a head coach in college( must pay more than the cfl?)

well see what happens. I'm quite happy to eat crow if cutler improves. He has the tools and weapons to do so.

Haven't been able to find anything on how much he made in Montreal. He was a candidate for the Minnesota Gophers job a few years ago. Both College and CFL are both minor league compared to NFL, I cant remember which Matt said it but when we hired Harbaugh, it was said it wasn't worth it for Trestman to come back to NFL for anything less then a HC job.

Fair enough then. Dont really get much exposure to how big things are in comparison to each other down here.
I guess he's done what he thought was best for his family?

Does anyone know why he never seems to stay in the same job very long? Was looking at his résumé and its filled with 1-2 year stints? Always seems to be bouncing from team to team. Some of them were advancement moves but most looked as those he was going sideways?

One thing I will say is each place he has gone to the offense has been pretty productive. Just can't see it working with cutler , think he is mentally soft
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,917
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

RT @PaulCalvisi: Multiple NFL sources tell me Ken Whisenhunt is "a very strong candidate" to become the next head coach of the Eagles.
Chip Kelly the next coach of the Eagles

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000127099/article/chip-kelly-will-be-new-philadelphia-eagles-coach
[ Edited by KezarLivin on Jan 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM ]
man f**k

none of seahawks coordinators will be leaving
Originally posted by ads_2006:
man f**k

none of seahawks coordinators will be leaving

2 jobs left.... Arizona and Jacksonville. Bradley could still get one of those jobs and he is interviewing with the Jags. It could mean that Roman will still be with Niners next year.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,917
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest

If Jaguars are waiting on 49ers OC Greg Roman, Rams would probably keep Schottenheimer. Seahawks might keep Bradley. Bevell in play for AZ.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,917
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest

No rumblings of Cards having interest in 49ers OC Roman, but would be fun if AZ got Roman, kept Horton, added Alex Smith and drafted QB.
It's so nice to know that our coaching-QB situation is very much like how Walsh-Montana started out. Stability & continuity for yers to come, not to mention the O-line is still as young as they are (minus Goodwin). It's comical to see how 'blown about by the shifting winds' some of the other teams are.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest

No rumblings of Cards having interest in 49ers OC Roman, but would be fun if AZ got Roman, kept Horton, added Alex Smith and drafted QB.


I guess in a way but I still wouldn't like that.
damn I think every new head coach is an offensive guy.
Adam SchefterVerified ‏@AdamSchefter

Colts OC Bruce Arians is having dinner in Arizona tonight with Cardinals officials and will continue interviewing with them Thursday.
...