There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

COACH CAROUSEL

Originally posted by Jcool:
Greg Roman is going to be leading a college program after this year.

Wade Phillips knows better then to try to be a HC again.

Bruce Arians was just essentially fired as the Steelers OC last off season so that would be a hard sell for Dallas

Mike Sherman has no shot, Tannehill has been playing really bad lately (since bye week has 3 TDs and 6 INTs) and Miami offense is only averaging 18.2 ppg since bye week (3L - 2W).

John Gruden will not come out of the booth to coach Cleveland.

Mike Holmgren is just as likely to work for ESPN as he is to be a HC next year.

Andy Reid would be smart to take some time off before excepting another HC job.

Mike Zimmer might actually work, his son works for KC as a Ass. Linebackers Coach, He was in Dallas for a long time so could be in the mix for that job should it become available
haha no one wants to coach cleveland. I say andy needs a break, I don't question him as a good coach, but the eagles fans have had it, I think the issue is the qb spot aka bye bye vike hello alex smith I think reid should stay patch it with alex draft a qb to replace him with. If they let andy go that be a horrible idea worse than when we let mooch go. He's a good coach and lost a son... Eagles touch Wade it will be with the door on the way out. He's not a head coach never will be, and they should learn from dallas...BYE NORV... Kc needs a QB, Headcoach. Another possible spot for alex smith. Ron stays I think one more season and he's got to rebound or out. Dallas it's playoffs or bye G, and Jerry needs to check his ego and get a real coach this team is about out of chances to get a ring. TIME TO THROW THAT BIG MONEY AROUND AND GET A REAL ONE AND SIT IN THE DAM BOX WHY HE RUNS THE TEAM!!!! BYE ROMAN HATE YOUR PASSING GAME LOVE YOUR RUNS WHEN IT"S NOT OPTION TOSS!!!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Dec 22, 2012 at 3:50 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Rich Eisen ‏@richeisen

Last Bills head coach to complete 4 straight seasons is still Marv Levy, who retired in 1997. Chan Gailey is in his 3rd year.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Jim Schwartz's contract with Lions still has three years remaining on it after this season and runs through 2015. Schwartz is safe for 2013.
Originally posted by buck:
I would bet that Norv Turner and Rex Ryan to the list of coaches that are gone next year.

Norv is gone this year! He'll get fired even before the post game handshake, together with A.J. Smith who in my eyes is the main culprit for the Chargers demise. It was him who traded away all playmakers.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Originally posted by buck:
I would bet that Norv Turner and Rex Ryan to the list of coaches that are gone next year.

Norv is gone this year! He'll get fired even before the post game handshake, together with A.J. Smith who in my eyes is the main culprit for the Chargers demise. It was him who traded away all playmakers.

Have no idea how Norv lasted this long! Maybe now he will realised, he is not a head coach.
i think roman only leaves if we win a superbowl. were close to winning it i think and if he leaves before that hes a fool
Originally posted by English:
Have no idea how Norv lasted this long! Maybe now he will realised, he is not a head coach.

Nobody knows the answer to that question, except A.J. Smith. And how he lasted so long is an enigma to me.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

What are the odds Saban leaves Alabama? if he's not in Cleveland, Josh McDaniels well could be. Chip Kelly to Philly? http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21445566
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

I'm told Jason Garrett is safe. Not only with Dallas' recent winning ways but also how he led team thru Brown-Brent situation. Will be back
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
As the Bills slide toward yet another season of disappointment, Hall of Fame running back Thurman Thomas has dropped an intriguing tidbit regarding the team.

"Can't share the news I just got, but it is ON LIKE A MOFO," Thomas said on Twitter. "And yes, it involves the #Bills."

It's unclear what any of that means. We could find out fairly soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/23/thurman-thomas-hints-at-changes-with-the-bills/
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Peter King just said Steve Mariucci would be interested in the San Diego job.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports

#Titans owner Bud Adams: "I like Mike (Munchak). But liking him and getting the job done are two different things." http://tnne.ws/RdDnFY
  • Paul
  • Veteran
there are going to be tons of coaching changes... I'd love to see Mooch back in the NFL but I think it's just far too late for him now.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

There will be many coordinator changes, even if some endangered head coaches keep their jobs. Full story here:

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/21449618/monday-observations-jets-sparano-among-coordinators-likely-to-get-boot
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Report: Extension "certainly coming" for Leslie Frazier http://wp.me/p14QSB-6NSX