There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rolando McClain is a Free agent

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This guy got incredible props during the draft and in draft magazines. Bust or under-developed talent?
Talented retard.
as old and tired out as it sounds , we want high character players ...granted Aldon has his ups and downs and troubles with the law

but why would we invest in a player that "gave up" on his team ...what kind of example would we set if we grabbed him ?? ...crap all over your s**tty team , and get rewarded by signing with a top 3 team ...not right ....plus we already have two stud ILB's , McClain would be a ST player , and thats it

and if he's being a headache now with the Raiders , just wait until he starts b***hing about not hitting the field and riding the pine behind Willis / Bowman

I'd pass on him, would rather draft and groom our own players
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I would sign him, harness the talent and get him out of the s**thole

I agree. If its a vet minimum deal. And we build in concessions to release him if he's not a good fit.

Totally agree with both of you. What do we really stand to lose if we did? Are locker room is way to strong for him to be an issue.
Pass...if he were a pass rushing DE, maybe!!!
Gotta be honest, there's a sick part of me that wants us to sign McClain and Curry and try to develop them. Just the idea of the talent at MLB with Willis, Bowman, McClain, and Curry is very alluring.

But the rational side of me knows that's just crazy talk.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Gotta be honest, there's a sick part of me that wants us to sign McClain and Curry and try to develop them. Just the idea of the talent at MLB with Willis, Bowman, McClain, and Curry is very alluring.

It's like me wanting to marry Abella Anderson and make her into a house wife.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

It's like me wanting to marry Abella Anderson and make her into a house wife.

Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by stunder49:
Ha Raider fans compared this douche to patrick willis too.

yes they did.

They're raider fans. You didn't expect an intelligent, well-thought comparison, did you? Every player they get is comparable to the league's top player at that position. Always.
I don't want this sorry sack on the 49ers.

Not worthy to dawn the red and gold.

He truly seems like an idiot and an overall bad person. He pretty much quit on the raiders a long time ago. Anybody who thinks we should sign this douche has clearly never watched that joke of a team play. McClain routinely gives little effort. You can see him jogging toward a ball carrier and basically not giving a sh*t in pretty much every game this year. Romonowski points it out all the time.

LOL @ the raiders. What a pathetic franchise.
Originally posted by communist:
Seriously, what's so bad about him that they let him go??? Iirc, he performed solid and was one of the few bright spots in their s**tty defense.

You don't recall correctly.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
as old and tired out as it sounds , we want high character players ...granted Aldon has his ups and downs and troubles with the law

Uhh, what? No. He got a DUI. That's it.

Everything else was more bad luck than anything. He got stabbed trying to break up a fight and was a PASSENGER in a car accident. Where is the trouble with the law there? People seriously need to just stop with that nonsense.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

Uhh, what? No. He got a DUI. That's it.

Everything else was more bad luck than anything. He got stabbed trying to break up a fight and was a PASSENGER in a car accident. Where is the trouble with the law there? People seriously need to just stop with that nonsense.

Didnt like 30 other players get a DUI?? lol

and yeah those other incidents were just bad luck hopefully he never graces a madden cover
He is most definitely not a Nolan guy
He sucks and has character issues.... what more do you need?

Look buddy, we're not talking about what Bengals fans were saying about Ahmad Brooks just a few years ago.....we're talking about McClain, so stay on topic...mmmkay?
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
https

i bet harbs can do wonders with this kid

If Harbaugh and Co picked this guy up, I wouldn't complain, he's got tremendous raw talent and has had s**tty coaching playing on a s**tty team. Just as they took a chance with Brooks, I wouldn't mind them taking a chance with this guy for cheap depth and potential.