There are 261 users in the forums

Quarterback Development

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm watching a Saints vs. Giants game from 2006. Very interesting commentary about Eli Manning in this game. The Giants offense did not look good at all and the Saints rolled on NY 30-7 on the road. Aikman in his commentary talked about how Eli looked lost at times and was missing open receivers among other things. My have times changed. Totally different guy now. It's almost like he had to realize he was "The One" so to speak before he turned it on how he has since late 2007 and more specifically since last season. We have to remember for most QBs, it does take time for them to get to that point. Just a reason for a little hope that our own QBs can continue to elevate their games.
True.

You have to imagine if you're an NFL level QB, under the right circumstances you can be pretty good.

I think our QBs have all the right tools and support systems now. Only issue is the great turnaround last season has placed them into a higher expectation/stress environment.

We'll see what happens.
Well I hope it only took JH 1 1/2 years to develope his QB......
I haven't felt this good about our coaching staff's ability to develop or QB's in MANY years.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'm watching a Saints vs. Giants game from 2006. Very interesting commentary about Eli Manning in this game. The Giants offense did not look good at all and the Saints rolled on NY 30-7 on the road. Aikman in his commentary talked about how Eli looked lost at times and was missing open receivers among other things. My have times changed. Totally different guy now. It's almost like he had to realize he was "The One" so to speak before he turned it on how he has since late 2007 and more specifically since last season. We have to remember for most QBs, it does take time for them to get to that point. Just a reason for a little hope that our own QBs can continue to elevate their games.
For how many years is Alex in this league again???
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Eli has had Gilbride his entire career. 1 season as a QB coach, and then the rest as OC. That helps haha.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Eli has had Gilbride his entire career. 1 season as a QB coach, and then the rest as OC. That helps haha.

Eli is clutch. Period. Gilbride, or any other coach, can't teach that.
So far, subject 1 is getting it done.
Share 49ersWebzone