There are 51 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

how strong are the.colts?

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Will be one and done in the playoffs like the Falcons.

You guys underrate the Falcons. They're not the Packers last year. They play defense, and they won't be playing pass happy football in a cold weather environment.

Then again they could play the Packers and be 1 and done. There's a reason why wild cards have won the Super Bowl 3/4 years now. There's just not big differences anymore.

Falcons are soft and until they prove they can win a playoff game people will continue to scrutinize them.
Falcons are soft and until they prove they can win a playoff game people will continue to scrutinize them.

I seem to remember people saying the same thing about the Colts. Remember Peyton Manning's 1st 3 playoff games?

Their defense is dramatically improved this year. 19th in yardage but 5th in PPG. Not saying they will win the Super Bowl, not saying they could beat us, just saying they won't be an easy out.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 9, 2012 at 8:54 AM ]
Colts are not strong, their QB is. If you can devise a game plan to make things difficult for him, then you beat the Colts...fumbles, and other freak things aside.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Colts are not strong, their QB is. If you can devise a game plan to make things difficult for him, then you beat the Colts...fumbles, and other freak things aside.

Of course they're not contenders they are 1 year removed from a 1-15 season with a rookie qb, but it's amazing just quickly they're making the transition.

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are 2 teams they might be able to knock off come playoff time. Defenses are suspect despite the history and their offenses are inconsistent.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
let's not get carried away they only beat the Jaguars.... we all saw this team without a QB last year, now that they have one again is this really a surprise? Not to me.
Originally posted by Paul:
let's not get carried away they only beat the Jaguars.... we all saw this team without a QB last year, now that they have one again is this really a surprise? Not to me.

While everyone thought Luck would be good, I don't think anyone thought he would be playing at this level so fast. He looks like a vet out there the way he leads that team. I would not be surprised if they shocked people and won a playoff game. They are only getting better as the season progresses.
they'll lose first round

if they even make the playoffs
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Will be one and done in the playoffs like the Falcons.

You guys underrate the Falcons. They're not the Packers last year. They play defense, and they won't be playing pass happy football in a cold weather environment.

Then again they could play the Packers and be 1 and done. There's a reason why wild cards have won the Super Bowl 3/4 years now. There's just not big differences anymore.

Packers were a better/scarier team last year than the Falcons
not scared of the Falcons at all
Better than most predicted.

With a little luck [pun intended] they make the playoffs.

Not nearly enough to get past the Pats, Texans and Steelers are coming on strong.
Is amazing what Andrew Luck and Chuck have done for that team
The Colts right now are a team with a ton of holes. They have a quarterback that often times can make up for the deficiencies in those areas though. When they get to the playoffs, they will probably have a game where said holes are exposed, and Luck wont be able to have the game needed to make up for them.

The team in general is very mediocre. They just have a superstar in the making taking the snaps.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
If they make it to the playoffs one and done. However, Luck will be in contention for years to come.

I read Rikishi. Every time
one and done
A lot better than many people think. Luck is playing like everyone thought he might, but not this soon. They have some very quick and talented young receivers that are suprising a lot of DBs. Ballard is turning into a legit feature back. The defense is much improved. Freeney and Mathis are not what they once were but still get it done, and Hughes looks like the real deal to replace one or the other.

2/3 of the roster is new and they are much better than last year. I make them about 8-10 in the league right now.
Another point, they drafted very well.

Whoever there scouts are - they should get a raise.