There are 354 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Playoff Picture

NFC Playoff picture (*Updated after week 9)

1st Seed (bye): Atlanta (8-0)
2nd Seed (bye): Chicago (7-1)
3rd Seed: San Francisco (6-2)
4th Seed: New York (6-3)
5th Seed (wildcard): Green Bay (6-3)
6th Seed (wildcard): Seattle (5-4)

Thoughts after week 9…

1- Atlanta - Pretty unlikely they'll lose the #1 seed at this point. As far as an opposition, I don't have any reason to think this team is that good… They've only beaten one team with a winning record: Denver, in week 2, before the Broncos really started to click. At this point they only play one more team with a winning record, New York in week 15. Teams that have a cake walk into the playoff aren't challenged, get over rested(/rusty) after clinching #1 spot and lay a turd in the divisional round. Anyone else feel the same?

2 - Chicago - Here's the thing, although Chicago is #2 at this point, we control our fate at getting a bye because we play them. Not much to say about Chicago at this point, although they look pretty tough and Jay Cutler is, well Jay Cutler. This team is on its way up, but I feel like if the ladder starts to shake, this is the type of team that can fall hard.

4 - New York - What can you really say about this team in the middle of a season….. It's like, you might as well be judging them by there preseason performance. They'll probably stay the 4 seed and we'll probably play them in the NFCCG again…. sigh…. I don't see any NFCE team putting it together to catch them, but I feel they lose 3 or so more games and stick with the 4th seed.

5 - Green Bay - They're starting to click, they already beat Chicago and will be pulling for us to knock the Bears back in a couple weeks. Who knows, week 1 could make the difference in seeding at the end of the year.

6 - Seattle - I see this playoff picture shifting, but the current 1-through-5 seeds still making it. The final wildcard will be up for grabs like usual. IDK, Seattle hanging on to it? Minnesota? Tampa? Arizona? roll a die at this point.
Green Bay is still a one man show in my opinion. They have no run game and their defense is slightly better than last year. Right now Rodgers is carrying that team. Same s**t will happen when playoffs come around. They are not a balanced team at all.
If we get to play Seattle and beat them 3 times in one year....
I just hope we get that bye week
the only team on that list that we don't want to face in the playoffs are the giants!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

even if we run the table i do not think so. I think the falcons and giants will get them. the bears are a mirage and if we finish with the same record as the giants, they will get the bye due to thier win over us?? I think that is right. i actually think we will end up playing someone like the packers at home. i would have liked another shot at the vikings at home but they are folding like a little girl. i do not know much about this stuff and projections are not my thing. i do hope you are right of course and of course we really can not afford any more losses which i think is a little to much to expect
Seahawks haven't even won a road game yet and they're in the top six.
[ Edited by JerryRice1848 on Nov 5, 2012 at 10:27 AM ]
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Seahawks haven't even won a road game yet and they're in the top six.

that GB game has helped them
Originally posted by cciowa:

even if we run the table i do not think so. I think the falcons and giants will get them. the bears are a mirage and if we finish with the same record as the giants, they will get the bye due to thier win over us?? I think that is right. i actually think we will end up playing someone like the packers at home. i would have liked another shot at the vikings at home but they are folding like a little girl. i do not know much about this stuff and projections are not my thing. i do hope you are right of course and of course we really can not afford any more losses which i think is a little to much to expect
"If" we do run the table, we get the #2 seed garanteed, because to run the table, we'd beat the bears, and thus get #2 over them because we'd have the tie braker. Currently we've got a better record than the Giants, so we'd get the spot over them as well.

Running the table look incredibly unlikely with our games left. However, I think 13-3 or even 12-4 could get that spot. I see NY losing a couple more with they're home game woes.... I wonder if they're aware of this and feel more comfortable as an away playoff team.....
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:

Thoughts after week 9…

1- Atlanta - Pretty unlikely they'll lose the #1 seed at this point. As far as an opposition, I don't have any reason to think this team is that good… They've only beaten one team with a winning record: Denver, in week 2, before the Broncos really started to click. At this point they only play one more team with a winning record, New York in week 15. Teams that have a cake walk into the playoff aren't challenged, get over rested(/rusty) after clinching #1 spot and lay a turd in the divisional round. Anyone else feel the same?

2 - Chicago - Here's the thing, although Chicago is #2 at this point, we control our fate at getting a bye because we play them. Not much to say about Chicago at this point, although they look pretty tough and Jay Cutler is, well Jay Cutler. This team is on its way up, but I feel like if the ladder starts to shake, this is the type of team that can fall hard.

4 - New York - What can you really say about this team in the middle of a season….. It's like, you might as well be judging them by there preseason performance. They'll probably stay the 4 seed and we'll probably play them in the NFCCG again…. sigh…. I don't see any NFCE team putting it together to catch them, but I feel they lose 3 or so more games and stick with the 4th seed.

5 - Green Bay - They're starting to click, they already beat Chicago and will be pulling for us to knock the Bears back in a couple weeks. Who knows, week 1 could make the difference in seeding at the end of the year.

6 - Seattle - I see this playoff picture shifting, but the current 1-through-5 seeds still making it. The final wildcard will be up for grabs like usual. IDK, Seattle hanging on to it? Minnesota? Tampa? Arizona? roll a die at this point.

I still think think we can grab the number one spot. Atlanta has been very lucky to win a couple of those games and by all means, they should have lost to the Panthers. You can't edge out them close ones every week, the NFL is too good. Say what we will about the New Orleans Saints this year but they always play Atlanta tough and when Drew Brees is your quarterback, any Sunday can be a victory against any team. They still have to play a surging Tampa Bay team twice and the Giants very well can beat them. They are far from locking this thing up just yet.

With that said, we have to continue to play sound. We got some tough games coming up against Chicago, New England, at Seattle and probably a very motivated Saints team because of last year so Atlanta has the easier road. Chicago still has the Texans, us, a Detriot team that is getting better and the Packers again. Seattle will play them tough as well so I think the number one seed is far from locked up right now. Still alot of football to be played.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Nov 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

"If" we do run the table, we get the #2 seed garanteed, because to run the table, we'd beat the bears, and thus get #2 over them because we'd have the tie braker. Currently we've got a better record than the Giants, so we'd get the spot over them as well.

Running the table look incredibly unlikely with our games left. However, I think 13-3 or even 12-4 could get that spot. I see NY losing a couple more with they're home game woes.... I wonder if they're aware of this and feel more comfortable as an away playoff team.....
thank you for your first part. i did tell you i am not to smart about this stuff!! thank you
At this point (given the history/parity of the NFL) I actually want us to start our playoff run in the wildcard round; maybe beat the Packers/Seahawks/??? in our own house, and then move onto New York (#2 seed vs #3 seed scenario) knocking them on their ass. -The Giants have played somewhat less consistent in their own house than they have on the road this year, so I like our chances on the road opposed to hosting them again (by far).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
At this point (given the history/parity of the NFL) I actually want us to start our playoff run in the wildcard round; maybe beat the Packers/Seahawks/??? in our own house, and then move onto New York (#2 seed vs #3 seed scenario) knocking them on their ass. -The Giants have played somewhat less consistent in their own house than they have on the road this year, so I like our chances on the road opposed to hosting them again (by far).

I know, it's such a strange phenomenon, and weird that I feel more comfortable at 6-2 than I would at 8-0 in all honestly.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Thoughts after week 9…

I still think think we can grab the number one spot. Atlanta has been very lucky to win a couple of those games and by all means, they should have lost to the Panthers. You can't edge out them close ones every week, the NFL is too good. Say what we will about the New Orleans Saints this year but they always play Atlanta tough and when Drew Brees is your quarterback, any Sunday can be a victory against any team. They still have to play a surging Tampa Bay team twice and the Giants very well can beat them. They are far from locking this thing up just yet.

With that said, we have to continue to play sound. We got some tough games coming up against Chicago, New England, at Seattle and probably a very motivated Saints team because of last year so Atlanta has the easier road. Chicago still has the Texans, us, a Detriot team that is getting better and the Packers again. Seattle will play them tough as well so I think the number one seed is far from locked up right now. Still alot of football to be played.

Atlanta is overrated and hasn''t played anyone. They beat Denver in Week 2, but that was week 2..Peyton and Co weren;t yet in Sync. They beat KC, San Diego, Carolina, Washington, Oakland, Phillly and Dallas - none which will probably even make the playoffs. Easy schedule so far. They Bears haven't really played anyone either except the Packers - They lost to the Packers.

This