LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Jared Cook available for trade

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000087338/article/report-titans-te-jared-cook-requested-a-trade

Supposedly Cook has requested a deal out of unhappiness with the direction of the team and his involvement so far this year. Munchak says he doesnt see a scenario of trading cook but you never know.

Thoughts anybody? DWalker + a draft pick for Cook?
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM ]
They can get a warm hug...I am not a fan of Walker by any means but I think that he is too valuable to be drafted for Jared Cook, especially with another draft pick on the top of that.
Both players are in the last year of their deals. Won't happen although I think I would rather have Cook. Still why trade for someone and give up a pick and then have to teach that person the offense half way through the season on the fly? Walker is a jack of all trades. Not sure if he will be back next year, I can see them wanting him back but part of me wants to upgrade to someone who is more of a catching threat.

Side note: The NFL isn't like the NBA or MLB where players are getting traded daily or getting traded and then traded again before even putting on a uniform for the team they were traded to. I like it that way too...it can become a joke at times in those other leagues. There are already enough players in FA switching teams, we don't need many trades. So don't expect more than 1 trade in the nfl total before the deadline. It's rarely if ever anybody big either.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM ]
Don't want, lol

IMO
Jared Cook is not thread worthy

I don't think we would go out of our way to trade for a TE
Don't need him.
Originally posted by sfout:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000087338/article/report-titans-te-jared-cook-requested-a-trade

Supposedly Cook has requested a deal out of unhappiness with the direction of the team and his involvement so far this year. Munchak says he doesnt see a scenario of trading cook but you never know.

LOLOLOLOL

More like they offer us a draft pick + Cook for Walker, and we tell them to EAD.
I would rather roll with D-Love TE, FB , H-back ....he is more versatile than Cook , plus Walker fits our system better
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by sfout:

LOLOLOLOL

More like they offer us a draft pick + Cook for Walker, and we tell them to EAD.

Please look up Jared Cooks stats for 4 seasons and Delanie Walkers stats for 7 seasons. The OP was correct in how this impossible trade would have to happen. If you think they would give up a pick and cook for Walker you are smoking something really good and pass it my way.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Your title is misleading.

Cook is a better tight end than Walker but no
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Never heard of him, lol
1) He wants a trade but isnt really available for trade
2) The Niners dont need a TE
3) ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Share 49ersWebzone