There are 167 users in the forums

Patriots still cheating?

Shop 49ers game tickets
One person's interesting (and compelling take):

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/book_stats_say_pats_antics_haven_8MfYgveHFfSZ66NC0wGQhN/0

"What isn't in dispute is Belichick and the Patriots — despite a Week 2 loss to the Cardinals this season — remain practically untouchable at Gillette Stadium long after Spygate was uncovered.

Including playoff games, the Patriots are 34-7 (.829) at home since Spygate was uncovered after the 2007 season opener and 77-16 (.828) since 2002, numbers that are such huge statistical outliers in the NFL's salary-cap era of parity that O'Leary says they can't be attributed just to Belichick's coaching skills and Brady's quarterbacking."
REACHING
Look, I'm not saying it isn't possible but this just sounds like a case of "Haters Gonna Hate"
So you can't find improved ways to cheat?

Unlikely but not inconceivable.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
yup they are cheating for sure
don't we play them there....we'll see...
If anything, you can tell they're NOT cheating anymore, because they haven't won a Superbowl SINCE being exposed.
numbers dont lie
Originally posted by GameOver:
Look, I'm not saying it isn't possible but this just sounds like a case of "Haters Gonna Hate"

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by GameOver:

wut

wouldn't be surprised. f**k the patriots
So their main argument is that the Patriots win % at home is too high? That's weak. When you've been one of the best at what you do for a long time, your numbers are going to look like an outlier. Jerry Rice's production is an outlier. LeBron James' numbers are an outlier. The Bulls winning 6 NBA championships in 8 years is an outlier. 49ers winning 18 straight road games is an outlier. Does that make them cheaters? No. It makes them the best. Haters gonna hate I guess. I don't like defending the Patriots, but that book is weaksauce.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 23, 2012 at 6:01 PM ]
So this is why Bellicheat invited cameras everywhere he went for "a football life", to try and pre-emptively document his innocence... something only a cheater would do

That's a clown question bro.
Belichick is and has been given the identity of a cheater. His only problem is that he got caught. Now one of his PR people is trying to give him a softer image, won't work.
Share 49ersWebzone